Lonely = My Life!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agatha1955

Reaction score
Hello,

I've always had trouble making friends, for the whole of my life! I am so off-putting that many people run, instead of even saying "hi".​
Anyone else experience this? ​

I had a really bad experience in HS. All of the friends I had betrayed me. It was heartbreaking, and damaged my self esteem. Then I did find an Online community from 2016-2018. But, alas the same thing happened there! People turned on me for no coherent reason! I think I either scare or intrigue people to the point of disgust. ​

If you'd like to be my friend here are some of my interests!: ​

Antiques (I collect everything)
Movies (lOVE OLD HOLLYWOOD! 1925-1965!) 
Christianity (I believe in Christ!) 
Music: (I love 1930s-1980s music!)

Thank you for reading my introduction!  :rolleyes:

I'll say hi to you, Agatha. :) I'm socially awkward in-person, so I don't have many real-life friends. When I was in high school, the lunch time always gave me anxiety--I'd have no one to sit with. I usually sat alone and eventually I stopped going to lunch altogether and just hid out somewhere in the school.

Lynh said:
I'll say hi to you, Agatha. :)  I'm socially awkward in-person, so I don't have many real-life friends.  When I was in high school, the lunch time always gave me anxiety--I'd have no one to sit with.  I usually sat alone and eventually I stopped going to lunch altogether and just hid out somewhere in the school.

Me too! I spent most of my time locked in the bathroom stall while reading. My senior year was great, because all of my bullies were gone. Thank you for welcoming me!

constant stranger said:
Hello agatha.  I like antiques as well.  Neither one of seems too good at making friends it seems.  Nice to have you in the forum.

Thank you, stranger! Nice to meet you as well.  :D :D

Hi Agatha

Welcome to the forum.

I can relate to your experience in high school.The last year was a bit of a nightmare for me too ,partly my fault pushing a friend away but ended up walking the streets at breaktimes just couldn't bring myself to sit in the common room ,still have nightmares today about it

Wish you best of luck on the forum.

Hi Agatha!

I have real issues approaching people. I get jealous when I see people texting their bffs when ever I am in public. The most important lesson I have found is that you should be the best version of yourself. Four years ago I didn’t like who or what I was, so I confided in my self to make positive changes. I think I turned out okay even if every single days isn't sunshine and flowers. I don’t have many friends outside of work and I’ve been single for nearly 3 years. 😩

Hello Agatha! Welcome! I’m sorry about your experience but I’m sure you’re really cool! Hmu if you ever feel like having a conversation! Welcome!

Latest posts

Back