Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think you are?
My family tree...

Me -> Mom (teacher) and Dad (carpenter) -> Farmers -> Farmers-> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Genghis Khan
It is very interesting to see all the places people come from and how their ancestors have traveled too to create the people we are. I am Hawaiian Caucasian. My dad family have lived in Hawaii for a long time and my mom traces her family roots to Germany. I find family history fun. I like to find out how people lived their lives. Most fascinating. I enjoined reading your comments.
(07-06-2018, 09:20 PM)TheLoadedDog Wrote: Australian, deconstructed into English, Scots, Welsh, (probably) Irish, French, Swedish.  That I know of.  Basically a mongrel dawg.  Big Grin

And proudly convict stock.

(07-07-2018, 08:08 AM)Richard_39 Wrote: Im French and minor English nobility on my mom's side.
No, please, you may stand, no bowing... ;-)
My last name has a germanic root. though, so odds are I come down from crazy Vikings or somesuch. Would explain the love of the sea and intolerance to heat.

I may have to leave the Frenchness to brother Richard. I might not have any, at least that I now know of.  For the first time in my life, I bothered to Google the surname Favelle, which is a name way back on my maternal side.  I just thought, not only does it look French, but I went to school with an Italian guy by the surname Favetta, so I assumed it was a cognate.  Possibly a good thing - nothing against the French or the Italians, but Favetta, I was told, means "small, flat broad bean."   Hardly the most romantic name in the world.  Anyway, I shouldn't talk, because I am descended from a convict named Bustard (he later changed it - wise man).

So Favelle is actually a very old English surname.  The site I went to to discover this called it an "unusual surname."
Phone call to mum...
"You're quite intelligent."
"Thanks, mum."
"But you're not top of the class, or anything."
"Thanks mum."
Elderly people.  Gotta love 'em.
Oh I’m First Nations Native American all the way.
What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
(07-16-2018, 02:15 PM)toasty_one Wrote: Oh I’m First Nations Native American all the way.

Interesting, because of their mom, my kids are something like 1/8 First Nation in Canada. Though I wouldnt be surprised if there was a sqaw hidden somewhere on my dad's side of the family lol
Italian peasants
[Image: tumblr_nijo7fZHBz1qg20oho1_500.gif]
"Being young and dipped in folly, I fell in love with melancholy"
-Edgar A. Poe