Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think you are?
My family tree...

Me -> Mom (teacher) and Dad (carpenter) -> Farmers -> Farmers-> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Farmers -> Genghis Khan
It is very interesting to see all the places people come from and how their ancestors have traveled too to create the people we are. I am Hawaiian Caucasian. My dad family have lived in Hawaii for a long time and my mom traces her family roots to Germany. I find family history fun. I like to find out how people lived their lives. Most fascinating. I enjoined reading your comments.
(07-06-2018, 09:20 PM)TheLoadedDog Wrote: Australian, deconstructed into English, Scots, Welsh, (probably) Irish, French, Swedish.  That I know of.  Basically a mongrel dawg.  Big Grin

And proudly convict stock.

(07-07-2018, 08:08 AM)Richard_39 Wrote: Im French and minor English nobility on my mom's side.
No, please, you may stand, no bowing... ;-)
My last name has a germanic root. though, so odds are I come down from crazy Vikings or somesuch. Would explain the love of the sea and intolerance to heat.

I may have to leave the Frenchness to brother Richard. I might not have any, at least that I now know of.  For the first time in my life, I bothered to Google the surname Favelle, which is a name way back on my maternal side.  I just thought, not only does it look French, but I went to school with an Italian guy by the surname Favetta, so I assumed it was a cognate.  Possibly a good thing - nothing against the French or the Italians, but Favetta, I was told, means "small, flat broad bean."   Hardly the most romantic name in the world.  Anyway, I shouldn't talk, because I am descended from a convict named Bustard (he later changed it - wise man).

So Favelle is actually a very old English surname.  The site I went to to discover this called it an "unusual surname."
"Ah, well.  I suppose it has come to this."
 - Ned Kelly
Oh I’m First Nations Native American all the way.
Why do we fake a smile for those we don’t know, but cry for those we love?
(07-16-2018, 02:15 PM)toasty_one Wrote: Oh I’m First Nations Native American all the way.

Interesting, because of their mom, my kids are something like 1/8 First Nation in Canada. Though I wouldnt be surprised if there was a sqaw hidden somewhere on my dad's side of the family lol
Italian peasants
[Image: tumblr_nijo7fZHBz1qg20oho1_500.gif]
"Being young and dipped in folly, I fell in love with melancholy"
-Edgar A. Poe