Suffering from abuse

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.1996

Reaction score
I don't know who to tell or how to tell this. I'm 22. All my life I've suffered from an abusive father, emotionally and physically. 

He hits me a lot, even tho that started to fade away as he gets older, but the emotional abuse is always there.

He doesn't let me out of the house unless he wants to. Sometimes an entire month goes by without me going out. He calls by names and makes fun of my eating lifestyle. And always treats my sisters better.

I'm tired I'm so so tired, and I fear that one day I might harm myself. I just want my freedom from him without having to give up my entire family.

Hello, I understand what you are going there, you should go to someone, tell someone what’s happening. Things won’t change unless you change it you put yourself in a position to change. It hurts but it needs to be done. You can always PM me if you need to talk about it, it’s good to talk to someone who understands.

toasty_one said:
Hello, I understand what you are going there, you should go to someone, tell someone what’s happening. Things won’t change unless you change it you put yourself in a position to change. It hurts but it needs to be done. You can always PM me if you need to talk about it, it’s good to talk to someone who understands.

Thank you for replying. The reason I can't talk is because my older sister reported him to the police before after he hit her and caused her several enjuries. He got out of it like nothing but my mom threatened us after that, if any of us ever tells someone she'll be out of the family. 
I don't want to lose my sisters or my mother, neither do I have any place to stay. Also we live in a different country than our hometown, so we need our father because of legal papers and other honeysuckle 😔😔.
It's  just too complicated I feel trapped.

Ah yeah, that does complicate things. Don’t give up hope, I’m praying for you and you can always talk to me if you need to, talking to someone who understands always helps.

Hey! Sorry this is going on. My mother grew up in a very similar situation. She is one of the strongest people I know. It did leave some emotional scars, but they have now mended the relationship. Have you considered talking to a pastor or a counselor about this stuff? I will be praying for you and the situation you are in. Hang in there!

Your living situation is unsustainable and it won't get better unless you figure out a way to escape. Make a plan....like a prisoner of war in a concentration camp.....you owe it to yourself to live a life.

Flip00008 said:
Hey! Sorry this is going on. My mother grew up in a very similar situation. She is one of the strongest people I know. It did leave some emotional scars, but they have now mended the relationship. Have you considered talking to a pastor or a counselor about this stuff? I will be praying for you and the situation you are in. Hang in there!

ank you for replying. The reason I can't talk is because my older sister reported him to the police before after he hit her and caused her several enjuries. He got out of it like nothing but my mom threatened us after that, if any of us ever tells someone they'll be out of the family. 
I don't want to lose my sisters or my mother, neither do I have any place to stay. Also we live in a different country than our hometown, so we need our father because of legal papers and other honeysuckle 😔😔.
It's  just too complicated I feel trapped.

constant stranger said:
Your living situation is unsustainable and it won't get better unless you figure out a way to escape.  Make a plan....like a prisoner of war in a concentration camp.....you owe it to yourself to live a life.

I'm actually collecting money and planning an escape, but in process I won't be able to see my sisters again 😔 and I'm very close to them idk what to do!

Wow that sounds like a horrible situation, sorry you have to go through something like that. Have you talked to your sister about leaving, maybe you two can leave together.

Sci-Fi said:
Wow that sounds like a horrible situation, sorry you have to go through something like that.  Have you talked to your sister about leaving, maybe you two can leave together.

It's just not that simple, I have 3 younger sisters. If I try to take them all it'll be considering as kidnapping 'cause 2 of them are -18.
And if we leave them behind, how are they supposed to face him alone Idk!😔

Latest posts

Back