Sleeping

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Manta

Reaction score
Part of my issues is that I have a ton of stress and it really messes up my sleep. My stress and depression aren't going anywhere. I take Ambiem for sleep and Ativan if I have a panic attack at night (or rather at day since I'm typically up all night.). I've tried so many different meds and such but nothing helps that much. Anyone have something that works for them that might be a little out of the box. I feel if I could get better sleep the quality of my life would improve.

I feel the same way.
If I get better sleep, then my life quality will probably improve.
I've been going to bed past 12 AM for the past 5 years or so.

Just started The Russian Revolution by Figes ,800 pages but still on the Tsars... got my first good night in ages.Also the obvious but worth repeating...sheep jumping fences...warm milk...looking at ceiling with eyes wide open ...talk radio at really low volume...hope this helps.

I quit sleeping and realized 2-3 hours a night is the new standard. Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead anyway, I reckon.

Richard_39 said:
I quit sleeping and realized 2-3 hours a night is the new standard. Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead anyway, I reckon.

I used to sleep three or four hours a night for years and was perfectly fine with that.  I was actually annoyed if I slept longer.  Now that my doc said I can't have caffeine anymore, I sleep about 5 or 6.  Yes, I am often annoyed by it.

But out of the box suggestions.....Have you tried melatonin? CBD oil helps with sleep too. Check into natural remedies for sleeping instead of FDA approved drugs, maybe. It could help.

I have also heard that people who are low in magnesium can also experience sleep disorders. Some people that I know were told to take magnesium before going to bed, I believe, to help with sleeping issues. That may be something to ask about as well.

Latest posts

Back