Strong feelings for a girl i train with

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xpendable said:
You made me google "comely" and I must say you are mistaken.

lol nah man. Saw your pic on the Faces thread once, you're a more handsome man than I am, and Im decent.
Altough I just googled it myself and it says its typically said of a woman, which is weird since I got that off a book I once read which was refering to a guy, but whatever. Give yourself some credit lol.

Richard_39 said:
Xpendable said:
You made me google "comely" and I must say you are mistaken.

lol nah man. Saw your pic on the Faces thread once, you're a more handsome man than I am, and Im decent.
Altough I just googled it myself and it says its typically said of a woman, which is weird since I got that off a book I once read which was refering to a guy, but whatever. Give yourself some credit lol.

You saw a filtered, instagram pic.

Juni said:
Even if she rejects you, can't you still be friends? I just don't understand. You're both adults.
Well, I can't help you if you're too scared to take a chance. I'm sorry.

Also, I still can't understand why we can't be civil about this. I wanted to help, I did, but this thread just... devolved fast.
I'm probably not gonna post here after this. I don't need the negativity.

I will see if I can even find out if she's single first probably be a good start. So I've probably seriously junped the gun for nothing and i know if I ask, women rarely tell you out right. But there are many ways i can find out.

Thanks juni. Your replies have been very helpful.

Would you ask them that single question directly? or you think it would be wiser to ask someone who knows her that would know?

Just ask her if she has someone. If she does you can add to it to just sort of assure her you were only taking an interest in her life. Oh that's nice how long have you two been together, share something about yourself etc.
If she doesn't it's a good opportunity to ask her out.

kaetic said:
Just ask her if she has someone. If she does you can add to it to just sort of assure her you were only taking an interest in her life. Oh that's nice how long have you two been together, share something about yourself etc.
If she doesn't it's a good opportunity to ask her out.

I think that would be the best thing to do. I see her on friday. I will ask her then :(

Juni said:
Even if she rejects you, can't you still be friends? I just don't understand. You're both adults.

Also, I still can't understand why we can't be civil about this. I wanted to help, I did, but this thread just... devolved fast.

I'm sorry but this is really naive, and irresponsible advice IMO (you and some others).   Most people don't operate with this level of maturity and good will. It sounds as if this woman has probably decided the OP is creepy. If he pushes for an explanation or somehow tries to make it right things are likely to get worse.

ardour said:
Juni said:

I'm sorry but this is really naive, and irresponsible advice IMO (you and some others).   Most people don't operate with this level of maturity and good will. It sounds as if this woman has probably decided the OP is creepy. If he pushes for an explanation or somehow tries make it right things are likely to get worse.

Maybe the irresponsible thing is that most people don't operate on that level. It's quite sad that so many folks aren't mature enough. To say that the advice is naive and irresponsible isn't on the person giving it; It's on the people who are immature about things. The world needs to be more mature, and some people need to stop thinking that they can act like kids when they don't get what they want.

I'm not saying the OP is childish. I just mean in general.

Well. Its all over now. I found out that a certain thing was disrupting her contraceptive implant in her arm a week ago. Which now leaves no chance shes single or isnt having a casual relationship with someone else.

Which I should have known. Which was blatantly obvious nothing could ever ever happen. Which i was stupid to believe there was any chance to begin with.

But at least i know now. Many thanks again for everyones input.

Just because a woman is taking contraceptives, whether it's the pill or the implant, does NOT automatically make her have a boyfriend. There are MANY reasons women go on contraceptives and they don't all involve sex. Those things can last for years, so you still have no idea.

TheRealCallie said:
Just because a woman is taking contraceptives, whether it's the pill or the implant, does NOT automatically make her have a boyfriend.  There are MANY reasons women go on contraceptives and they don't all involve sex.   Those things can last for years, so you still have no idea.

Ok. Im now actually sounding like a weirdo arent i.

Right Im just gonna bloody ask her Callie. There really is no other way is there? And if she is with someone, then that's just tough luck aint it! Just have to man up and get on with it.

kamya said:
TheRealCallie said:
Oh for fresia's sake.....now this is just asinine.

Now remember! Just because you THINK they were implying that she's a stupid *****, doesn't mean it's what they REALLY think. Only THEY know what THEY were trying to say. You shouldn't interpret any of their words as anything more than what THEY said because you don't KNOW what THEY were thinking when THEY said them.

this is a beautiful and underrated reply

DarkSelene said:
kamya said:
TheRealCallie said:

Now remember! Just because you THINK they were implying that she's a stupid *****, doesn't mean it's what they REALLY think. Only THEY know what THEY were trying to say. You shouldn't interpret any of their words as anything more than what THEY said because you don't KNOW what THEY were thinking when THEY said them.

Actually, that reply is also asinine since he appears to have no **** idea what I was referring to with my post.   :rolleyes:

pad79 said:
TheRealCallie said:
Just because a woman is taking contraceptives, whether it's the pill or the implant, does NOT automatically make her have a boyfriend.  There are MANY reasons women go on contraceptives and they don't all involve sex.   Those things can last for years, so you still have no idea.

Right Im just gonna bloody ask her Callie. There really is no other way is there? And if she is with someone, then that's just tough luck aint it! Just have to man up and get on with it.

In a somewhat different state of mind, even though I agree with what Callie's said so far, I don't know why you'd bother with someone who's expressed disinterest. Not to make it sound shallow or callous, but just as fact, there are other fishes in the sea and my mentality behind rejection is usually "Cool, your loss kiddo, someone else's gain when I find her".
I wouldnt care enough to pursue the matter further much.

Richard_39 said:
pad79 said:
TheRealCallie said:

In a somewhat different state of mind, even though I agree with what Callie's said so far, I don't know why you'd bother with someone who's expressed disinterest. Not to make it sound shallow or callous, but just as fact, there are other fishes in the sea and my mentality behind rejection is usually "Cool, your loss kiddo, someone else's gain when I find her".
I wouldnt care enough to pursue the matter further much.

Well after a long think. Ive decided last week i'll take your advice Richard and you're right. No point in chasing someone who isn't really interested in me. It will only end in even more disappointment. The whole thing was ridiculous to begin with.

TheRealCallie said:
DarkSelene said:
kamya said:
TheRealCallie said:

Actually, that reply is also asinine since he appears to have no **** idea what I was referring to with my post.   :rolleyes:

He doesn't have to, but you know that... this is not a whoosh moment.

pad79 said:
I train with this girl i have teamed up with in my gym. Been training with her and a small group over the last few months.

I dont know how she feels about me though. She is always hitting me and giving me the odd kick to the leg and the odd punch, (in a playful way). But I dont wanna feel stupid any long if it does not mean anything.

I make her howl laughing all the time almost every time we ever train together and we get on so well but its impossible for me to make any moves at all. I just need to know how she feels.

Does this mean anything more than just nothing when a girl behaves like this towards a guy? I cant help but feel my feelings towards her are close to spiralling out of control. I am almost 100% certain she is single too.

However, the past two weeks or so, she has been very hot and cold with me. As if something completely changed overnight between us. Some other people joined the group when this occured, but i cant see it being that why her mood seems to have changed recently.

I am starting to get really bad anxiety everytime I have to see her now and think its going to get to the point where I am going to have to leave the gym.

Latest posts

Back