Hey there, guys!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isolationsist

Reaction score
It's a very long and sad story that brings me to this website. After graduating high school in 2015, I decided to delete all of my social media and stop staying in contact with all of the people around me that I knew were ultimately just bringing me down. I thought that I would be alright because I had a girlfriend of almost two years and her lovely family to keep me company while going through this difficult transition, but sadly, I was wrong. Since I was making this decision of semi-isolation due to wanting to be more like the people I looked up to, I knew that I would just have to suffer a short time of loneliness until I found like-minded individuals that would eventually be a part of my social network. And nevertheless, it wouldn't even be that difficult, because I had my girlfriend, her father (who was very influential in me making the decision to isolate my self,) and also her mother to rely upon to communicate with during the first phase of isolation. After a week or two goes by of being in this socially restrained lifestyle, my girlfriend confesses to me that she had feelings for someone else and that my suspicions of her cheating on me were true. I told her that I was sorry that I couldn't make things better, but that I understood that our relationship had to end. I let her know that all I ever wanted for her was for her to be truly happy, and for that reason, I would never ask her to stay with me, despite how badly I wanted her to be with me. Since I was relying on her and her family to be the ONLY people I had regular contact with, I asked if we could possibly stay friends, since we were friends for a good while before we even decided to date. Though she originally agreed to be my friend, she ignored me once I had texted her a week or so after she broke up with me. 
      Since then I have been a very lonely person and have had no one in my life that I can consider a true friend. I even go to college, but even at my university, I haven't found anyone that thinks in a similar way to me, or that even has similar goals. Going through this long period of social exclusion has had a great toll on my mental health, and I can't let that happen any longer. I hope to find people on here that will help me feel accepted and wanted again, and I hope to also help others who have gone through what I have. I'm a 21yr old musician going to school for business in Texas and possesses a passion for a wide range of things ranging from plants, all the way to the medical field, and even theology (I'm not religious, I just find it very interesting). PM if you'd like to chat, and thank you so much for reading!

Isolationsist said:
It's a very long and sad story that brings me to this website. After graduating high school in 2015, I decided to delete all of my social media and stop staying in contact with all of the people around me that I knew were ultimately just bringing me down. I thought that I would be alright because I had a girlfriend of almost two years and her lovely family to keep me company while going through this difficult transition, but sadly, I was wrong. Since I was making this decision of semi-isolation due to wanting to be more like the people I looked up to, I knew that I would just have to suffer a short time of loneliness until I found like-minded individuals that would eventually be a part of my social network. And nevertheless, it wouldn't even be that difficult, because I had my girlfriend, her father (who was very influential in me making the decision to isolate my self,) and also her mother to rely upon to communicate with during the first phase of isolation. After a week or two goes by of being in this socially restrained lifestyle, my girlfriend confesses to me that she had feelings for someone else and that my suspicions of her cheating on me were true. I told her that I was sorry that I couldn't make things better, but that I understood that our relationship had to end. I let her know that all I ever wanted for her was for her to be truly happy, and for that reason, I would never ask her to stay with me, despite how badly I wanted her to be with me. Since I was relying on her and her family to be the ONLY people I had regular contact with, I asked if we could possibly stay friends, since we were friends for a good while before we even decided to date. Though she originally agreed to be my friend, she ignored me once I had texted her a week or so after she broke up with me. 
      Since then I have been a very lonely person and have had no one in my life that I can consider a true friend. I even go to college, but even at my university, I haven't found anyone that thinks in a similar way to me, or that even has similar goals. Going through this long period of social exclusion has had a great toll on my mental health, and I can't let that happen any longer. I hope to find people on here that will help me feel accepted and wanted again, and I hope to also help others who have gone through what I have. I'm a 21yr old musician going to school for business in Texas and possesses a passion for a wide range of things ranging from plants, all the way to the medical field, and even theology (I'm not religious, I just find it very interesting). PM if you'd like to chat, and thank you so much for reading!

Not sure is this is the place where you will feel accepted but is nice to meet you ::)

I'm lately in love with this song, i find it very relaxing and meaningfull, even if it comes from wow  If you know anything with a similar kind of guitar link it :D

Isolationsist said:

Really connecting with people is an objective measurement of social activity. Sometimes I feel so lonely and like I'm not connecting with anybody, and then something happens and then I feel like I truly understand loneliness. I realize that there are very rare occasions when I don't feel lonely and it is because there is something inside of me thirsting insatiably for something that may not exist, and I am trying to learn to live with it. It turned out Ii myself was to blame for my loneliness. This may not be your case, but I hope that you make goals for yourself in order to better your situation and take joy in small, simple things. That will help preserve your sanity. This place has been kinda dead lately and a lot of people here are standoffish, but this isn't the only place to find solace. The people who are long term here are very stubborn and determined, but many people here come and go, and I hope you find your happiness in one of the many places that you search in.

Latest posts

Back