Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi guys!
Smile 
Hi everyone!

I am Federico, I come from Italy. I am 24. I like music, gym, jogging and politics. I am graduated in Banking and Finance. 
First of all, it is a pleasure to be here. 
I want to be sincere with you. I came across this forum accidentally, but it took my attention. I was searching for a forum because I would like to improve my English, so I thought it would have been nice to practice with something I like. Frankly, I do not remember how I reached this forum, but as I already pointed out, it is very interesting.
I live with my parents, I have two brothers and a lot of acquaintances. Therefore, I cannot say I live alone, but sometimes I feel alone. The point is that, even if I have a lot of acquaintances, I do not believe I have so many friends. And by realizing this, I am frightened by the possibility of being totally alone. I know that this mostly happens because I tend to be introvert, and to be sincere, I like to save the majority of my time only for me, but still, I fear it. As a consequence, I frequently push myself, trying to be exposed to a lot of social events and relationships with other people.

I hope I will enjoy this forum, and I look forward to sharing thoughts and talking with you!
Federico

PS: Since, I still have my first "objective" (English practice), I will appreciate if someone will correct me in case of any mistakes I will certainly make.
Hi Federico. In English it would be customary to say "...I graduated in banking and finance..." or "...I have graduated in banking and finance.."
Also it would be more appropriate in English to say "....it would be nice to practice with someone I like..." or "....it would be nice to practice in some place I like..."
Also it would be more correct to say "....because I tend to be an introvert..." or ".....because I tend to be introverted...."

However these are minor points. I think you convey your thoughts very clearly in English. Many native speakers of American English do not do so well as you.
If you light a lamp for someone, it will also brighten your own path.

(07-09-2018, 12:32 PM)constant stranger Wrote: Hi Federico.  In English it would be customary to say "...I graduated in banking and finance..." or "...I have graduated in banking and finance.."
Also it would be more appropriate in English to say "....it would be nice to practice with someone I like..."  or "....it would be nice to practice in some place I like..."
Also it would be more correct to say "....because I tend to be an introvert..."  or ".....because I tend to be introverted...."

However these are minor points.  I think you convey your thoughts very clearly in English.  Many native speakers of American English do not do so well as you.

Thank you! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey there, guys! Isolationsist 2 429 07-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: wallflower79
  Hi guys Shigeru 13 1,379 05-22-2017, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Meaw
  Hey guys. I'm new here, hoping to make friends (at least online). loser4life 6 1,464 04-19-2017, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Meaw
  Any married guys for penpaling/IM? afternoonlight 3 892 10-09-2016, 05:01 PM
Last Post: zephyr74
  Hello Guys !!! xxjohnjohnxx 2 904 04-19-2016, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Hopetracer
  Found you guys through googling panqua 8 3,261 05-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Last Post: windsley
  Hi guys :) therealone 8 1,273 03-07-2015, 10:11 PM
Last Post: PenDragon
  Hey Guys? MisunderstoodVacancy 16 2,220 02-18-2015, 04:08 PM
Last Post: MisunderstoodVacancy
Toungue Hi guys,new here! Jenifer 8 1,417 06-06-2014, 03:07 AM