Hi guys!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frederico

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am Federico, I come from Italy. I am 24. I like music, gym, jogging and politics. I am graduated in Banking and Finance. 
First of all, it is a pleasure to be here. 
I want to be sincere with you. I came across this forum accidentally, but it took my attention. I was searching for a forum because I would like to improve my English, so I thought it would have been nice to practice with something I like. Frankly, I do not remember how I reached this forum, but as I already pointed out, it is very interesting.
I live with my parents, I have two brothers and a lot of acquaintances. Therefore, I cannot say I live alone, but sometimes I feel alone. The point is that, even if I have a lot of acquaintances, I do not believe I have so many friends. And by realizing this, I am frightened by the possibility of being totally alone. I know that this mostly happens because I tend to be introvert, and to be sincere, I like to save the majority of my time only for me, but still, I fear it. As a consequence, I frequently push myself, trying to be exposed to a lot of social events and relationships with other people.

I hope I will enjoy this forum, and I look forward to sharing thoughts and talking with you!
Federico

PS: Since, I still have my first "objective" (English practice), I will appreciate if someone will correct me in case of any mistakes I will certainly make.

Hi Federico. In English it would be customary to say "...I graduated in banking and finance..." or "...I have graduated in banking and finance.."
Also it would be more appropriate in English to say "....it would be nice to practice with someone I like..." or "....it would be nice to practice in some place I like..."
Also it would be more correct to say "....because I tend to be an introvert..." or ".....because I tend to be introverted...."

However these are minor points. I think you convey your thoughts very clearly in English. Many native speakers of American English do not do so well as you.

constant stranger said:
Hi Federico.  In English it would be customary to say "...I graduated in banking and finance..." or "...I have graduated in banking and finance.."
Also it would be more appropriate in English to say "....it would be nice to practice with someone I like..."  or "....it would be nice to practice in some place I like..."
Also it would be more correct to say "....because I tend to be an introvert..."  or ".....because I tend to be introverted...."

However these are minor points.  I think you convey your thoughts very clearly in English.  Many native speakers of American English do not do so well as you.

Thank you! :)

Latest posts

Back