Want to forget myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpectraApocalypse

Reaction score
So, I have found that the best way of not feeling depressed because of low self-esteem is to forget who I am; anyone have any ideas on how to do that?

I don't really have any good advice for this, but what helps me is getting lost in a movie, or listening to music that I really like... escaping into a movie, music, or an online world like an MMO game, etc. Being behind a computer, and using an avatar in an online world--I can be a little bit more confident.

I don't think you should try to forget yourself at all, it likely won't work. However, what you could do is reinvent yourself.

I assume you don't like yourself much if you have low self esteem and depression, so what don't you like? (You don't have to post a reply to these questions, they are more for you to answer for yourself)
Which of those things can you change? If you are overweight, you can lose weight. If you are a skinny little twig, you can gain muscle. If you don't have any hobbies, you can get some. If you feel you are not very smart, you can take classes or read to learn new things. If you don't feel you've been anywhere, you can travel. If you don't like you job, you can start looking for a new one....the list goes on and on. There are a million things you can do.
The possibilities are endless, you just have to take the first step to getting something accomplished.

Thank you for the input TheRealCallie, so I will answer your question of what i dislike about myself. I hate my face it looks ravaged and torn, I hate all my emotions because feeling anything is akward, I do have a hobby, its guitar, but I have been playing for 3 or 4 years now and still feel like I play the same boring thing over and over, I hate thinking about anyone because that feels akward and makes me feel guilty because I feel I'm not good enough to have them within my mind, I hate when I think I'm smart but am not really, I hate my social anxiety and my general unskillfulness regarding how I socialize, so just basically everything about me I hate.

Latest posts

Back