Do you regret....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Joturbo

Any foolish or idiotic things you've done on holiday that you wish you could undo?

I'm off on holiday soon ,the destination is on my bucket list and I'm really excited because I've finally put my foot down and after many sun bed holidays I've dragged my better half out of her box and I can't believe it's on :).
However it got me thinking after reading certain opinions and articles on how apparently grumpy the good locals of said destination can be.However I'm going with an open mind because two people close to my friend have said it's amazing there and they had no problems.

The problem is I have a bit of a rep for doing something idiotic on holidays mostly in my younger days however I've calmed down now. But even on my last holiday my wife bent my little pinky backwards(finger by the way) because she sensed I was about to act the prick again when one of the bar people that try to entice you to drink who are only doing there job reacted a bit aggressively when I wouldn't shake his hand .She even said the other day to the kids I'll probably do something stupid  ,she still doesn't trust me and I know because I'm still full of anxieties I could lose it anytime if I think people are being rude or something isn't right ,stupid I know.We won't talk about all the tables and chairs ending up in the swimming pool one night when I thought a barman just didn't like me .He was in fact vocally impaired and hard of hearing( I know put me on your ignore list if not already there) and I still feel ashamed 10 years later that 1.I did it in the first place 2.I didn't apologise in the morning I know my wife did straight after but it should have been me.I think because I'm still reserved and can't get over this that is part of the reason I have reacted so ridiculously on occasion and not in a calm and controlled manner.

Anyway anyone else got any regrets and do you like me blame your anxieties and shallowness or any opinions gratefully received. :D

I don't do regrets, because I feel they are pointless. You can't change what happened, so what's the point? You do stupid honeysuckle and you either learn from it or you don't.

Are you Irish?

I regret a few things but I look at it like Callie said. It's done. Can't change things. Can only try to be better in the future.

I blame ego =p.

No Kamya lol.

Good advice thanks .Great to see you back Real callie where you been doing time or something :p.

Latest posts

Back