Hoping to feel welcome

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizmo231

Reaction score
Good day! Or evening or whatever time it is there.

I joined this forum because i feel lonely (would you have guessed?) after moving to a new city and because i would love to learn how to start a natural conversation with a stranger or even co-worker or something.

I searched for a while for different forums and discord servers and this seems like a good place to start.

From what i have read in here, most people don´t seem to judge others too much or too harshly, So i feel very comfortable about writing here

So i quess i will see you around in threads : ) 

Also I love self-deprecating humor so i hope you don´t take everything i say about myself too seriously : D (I will make it clear when i am joking and when i am not)

Gizmo231 said:
Good day! Or evening or whatever time it is there.

I joined this forum because i feel lonely (would you have guessed?) after moving to a new city and because i would love to learn how to start a natural conversation with a stranger or even co-worker or something.

I searched for a while for different forums and discord servers and this seems like a good place to start.

From what i have read in here, most people don´t seem to judge others too much or too harshly, So i feel very comfortable about writing here

So i quess i will see you around in threads : ) 

Also I love self-deprecating humor so i hope you don´t take everything i say about myself too seriously : D (I will make it clear when i am joking and when i am not)

Welcome ::D we are on a online forum, end everyone here has some problems so we don't feel the right to judge someone for their problems. How old are you?

Unix said:
Welcome ::D we are on a online forum, end everyone here has some problems so we don't feel the right to judge someone for their problems. How old are you?

I am 22, I have had some bad experiences in forums before (mostly really weird elitism and bullying) so i don´t join them very easily : c 

But that was  a long time ago and i´m ready to try again : )

Gizmo231 said:
Unix said:

I am 22, I have had some bad experiences in forums before (mostly really weird elitism and bullying) so i don´t join them very easily : c 

But that was  a long time ago and i´m ready to try again : )

Well, there are some people that are quite sarcastic even here, so this isn't a heaven. And they were some who were here just to make fun of others, but is fine right? It would be boring otherwise. As long as this people are online i ain't bothered by. However here we are quite pacific, maybe i was way too tragic about the situation. The problem with these kinds of forum is that people who are alone, tend to be alone even in these places where they are supposed to be less alone :p

Yeah, i know that every place has "bad apples" but i tend to not pay too much attention to them these days : D

I am a little scared i end up lurking more than writing but I am going to try and write at least something once week. For start anyway, slow and steady wins the race after all.

Gizmo231 said:
Yeah, i know that every place has "bad apples" but i tend to not pay too much attention to them these days : D

I am a little scared i end up lurking more than writing but I am going to try and write at least something once week. For start anyway, slow and steady wins the race after all.

Well, the funny thing about these places is that usually people come here only in the moment of need, when they feel down. And when things are going fine those people suddently vanish. It happened to me as well. Btw i need to move from home as well :D

It is a bit sad that people don´t share more positive experiences when they are doing better.

It could give others hope and motivation to improving their lives.

Gizmo231 said:
It is a bit sad that people don´t share more positive experiences when they are doing better.

It could give others hope and motivation to improving their lives.

There is a thread called success stories, but is quite empty novadays 
narcos-meme.jpg

Gotta say, Surprised at your Gizmo duck avatar/name despite your age. Old School Duck Tales was from my youth and I'm 33. :D

It's refreshing actually. From what I've gathered so far, I'd like to think you'll fit in here nicely. Welcome aboard! :)

Siku said:
Gotta say, Surprised at your Gizmo duck avatar/name despite your age. Old School Duck Tales was from my youth and I'm 33. :D

It's refreshing actually. From what I've gathered so far, I'd like to think you'll fit in here nicely. Welcome aboard! :)

Thanks! : ) 

I actually first saw Gizmo duck in Darkwing duck on old vhs tapes we had back in the day. Eventually it kinda became an inside joke/nickname with my friends at my hometown and I have been using it ever since : D

Latest posts

Back