Purpose - The Beginning Of Discipline and Confidence

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganamede

Reaction score
Low self-esteem is a confusing state of being. The biggest problem attributing to low self-esteem is a lack of confidence. By being confident in your abilities, you will understand your self-worth - giving you higher self-esteem. I believe you can raise your self-esteem and build confidence by first finding a burning desire to fulfill a purpose.

Purpose is the source of self-discipline. Regardless of what your purpose is, it will drive you to be disciplined. This is because you will do what is necessary to fulfill it. But, where does purpose come from? I believe purpose is found in life experiences.

While these are not all the forms of purpose, these have helped me build and maintain discipline.

Devotion - Whether it is your significant other, your family, your country, or yourself, you have a purpose to enrich the lives of those you love - be it physically, socially, emotionally, financially, and spiritually. In particular, your family likely made many sacrifices to give you a better life than they had. Give them ten fold what they gave to you.

Injustice - You cannot change the injustices in the world if you do not first change the man in the mirror.

Adversity - When you find yourself in a situation that makes you uncomfortable, what will you do? Tolerate the pain or push yourself to escape it? This video explains the power of adversity very well.

Passion - When you thoroughly enjoy what you are doing, you will do whatever it takes to do it. Passion is in the heart. The mind can be persuaded but the heart cannot

Latest posts

Back