Question.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Is it coincidence that words rhyme? Words like Love and Above? Is it coincidence that the word Zero ends with an 'O'....[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]...think about this and you will understand the Language of the Universe.[/font]

not to rain on your parade, but it's not the same in every language. :p

Strange you should start this thread, because today I was wondering whether it was a coincidence that the word good and God are connected and evil and Devil also connected. Must find something more important to ponder lol

The word "ma" or similar for mother appears in languages as diverse as English, Chinese, and Vietnamese. Must be something to do with how babies vocalise.

And if you can find me a word that rhymes with "orange", I'll love you forever. :D

TheLoadedDog said:
The word "ma" or similar for mother appears in languages as diverse as English, Chinese, and Vietnamese.  Must be something to do with how babies vocalise.

And if you can find me a word that rhymes with "orange", I'll love you forever.  :D
You are now and forever in love with Eminem.

[Youtube]lPcR5RVXHMg[/youtube]

Quest-ion.

Quest, Journey, Destination.

Tower of Babel, Baby, Babylon, Babble-On.

Babble: talk rapidly and continuously in a foolish, excited, or incomprehensible way.

as i said before in another thread...

Out with doubt guys. Out with doubt.

Alex Cage;807958 said:
pUqD9iI.gif

is it a coincidence that we can find the word coin in coincidence and that we flip a coin to determine coincidence?

I guess it depends on root languages. Baltic rooted languages will have many similar wording, whereas latin languages like French or Spanish will rely heavily on old greek or Latin words. Like Agora and Agoraphobia for instance.
Word origin and etymology is a fascinating science.

How bout the Tower of Babel if you believe in that stuff? We all spoke the same language before till God scrambled our language. what if we're nearing how the very first language sounded like that's why we're "piecing" similar sounding words and finding these "coincidences"? What if God knew we'd eventually solve the puzzle he scrambled?

Azariah said:
How bout the Tower of Babel if you believe in that stuff? We all spoke the same language before till God scrambled our language. what if we're nearing how the very first language sounded like that's why we're "piecing" similar sounding words and finding these "coincidences"? What if God knew we'd eventually solve the puzzle he scrambled?

Don't really believe in the actual realism of that, but the allegory is scientifically feasible; during the Ice Age, it's believed Humanity dwindled to as little as 10 000 individuals. Although I lack the paleologie knowledge to know if language was developed as we know it at this point, it IS reasonable to assume language evolved from a common start point, influenced then by region, custom and about a zillion different factors.
I don't know enough to say anything much more than linguistic studies is a fascinating concept. Speaking three languages myself, I find the interactions enlightning and funny.

Latest posts

Back