Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question.
Most of those don't count, the best was answering the question.
[Image: tumblr_nijo7fZHBz1qg20oho1_500.gif]
"Being young and dipped in folly, I fell in love with melancholy"
-Edgar A. Poe
Quest-ion.

Quest, Journey, Destination.

Tower of Babel, Baby, Babylon, Babble-On.

Babble: talk rapidly and continuously in a foolish, excited, or incomprehensible way.
"From my mind to these pages
to another time and another reader's eyes,
it's amazing how I can speak to you
over time and distance.
That is the Beauty of Literature."
-P.L.R.
as i said before in another thread...

Out with doubt guys. Out with doubt.

Alex Cage;807958 Wrote:[Image: pUqD9iI.gif]
over time and distance.
-P.L.R.
(07-24-2018, 09:49 PM)TheLoadedDog Wrote: And if you can find me a word that rhymes with "orange", I'll love you forever. Big Grin

Lozenge! lol
is it a coincidence that we can find the word coin in coincidence and that we flip a coin to determine coincidence?
over time and distance.
-P.L.R.
I guess it depends on root languages. Baltic rooted languages will have many similar wording, whereas latin languages like French or Spanish will rely heavily on old greek or Latin words. Like Agora and Agoraphobia for instance.
Word origin and etymology is a fascinating science.
How bout the Tower of Babel if you believe in that stuff? We all spoke the same language before till God scrambled our language. what if we're nearing how the very first language sounded like that's why we're "piecing" similar sounding words and finding these "coincidences"? What if God knew we'd eventually solve the puzzle he scrambled?
over time and distance.
-P.L.R.
(09-07-2018, 09:32 PM)Azariah Wrote: How bout the Tower of Babel if you believe in that stuff? We all spoke the same language before till God scrambled our language. what if we're nearing how the very first language sounded like that's why we're "piecing" similar sounding words and finding these "coincidences"? What if God knew we'd eventually solve the puzzle he scrambled?

Don't really believe in the actual realism of that, but the allegory is scientifically feasible; during the Ice Age, it's believed Humanity dwindled to as little as 10 000 individuals. Although I lack the paleologie knowledge to know if language was developed as we know it at this point, it IS reasonable to assume language evolved from a common start point, influenced then by region, custom and about a zillion different factors.
I don't know enough to say anything much more than linguistic studies is a fascinating concept. Speaking three languages myself, I find the interactions enlightning and funny.
Is it a coincidence that we have ten fingers? 10x10 = 100
over time and distance.
-P.L.R.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progression 3: Question The Protector 3 1,302 07-29-2011, 03:19 AM
Last Post: The Protector
  To Do, or Not To Do, That Is The Question ~ Elaine JohnKok 4 1,195 07-06-2011, 04:00 AM
Last Post: VanillaCreme
  A Question as old as time itself Wailun 15 3,489 02-07-2011, 12:54 AM
Last Post: floffyschneeman