Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugly
Every time I look at my self my confidence lowers. To the point that I can't show friends pictures of myself via message or post profile pictures of my face. I'm too ugly.
No one is ugly, in my opinion.  I just think some of us have issues that prevent ourselves from seeing what other people see.

What exactly is it about yourself that you think is ugly?
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 

[Image: Quotefancy-19173-3840x2160.jpg?resize=1165%2C655&ssl=1]
(07-28-2018, 10:21 AM)SpectraApocalypse Wrote: Every time I look at my self my confidence lowers. To the point that I can't show friends pictures of myself via message or post profile pictures of my face. I'm too ugly.

You sound like you have Body Dysmorphic Disorder. Try to get help for it.
I have some pretty ugly friends. Most people don't care about how pretty their friends are imo. A different case for romantic relationships yeah, but friends will generally be a okay
“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what?"
-Stephen Fry
(08-24-2018, 12:00 AM)Limlim Wrote: I have some pretty ugly friends. Most people don't care about how pretty their friends are imo. A different case for romantic relationships yeah, but friends will generally be a okay

Yeah, really. Lim, you crack me up, though. Ugly friends, but you know what, Lim still likes them anyway. So, hell, be ugly. The right people will like you regardless. The prettiest people act the ugliest anyway.
There are differences in what people describe as ugly.  There's those who might not be at all conventionally attractive but have likeable enough faces and can thus get along with others easily enough, have friends, maybe find a partner eventually. Then there's those who are just unattractive, who's headshape does them no favours,  who's faces default to a scowl or otherwise unpleasant form. And that causes problems, socially, and particularly with the opposite sex. Of course it's taboo to point this out, cause 'no-one is ugly' etc.
Still riding that record eh Ardour. I'm sorry but that's a load of crap. I know a guy who hated his face, he had a big nose, acne scars, and his head was oblong shaped. That didn't stop him from having friends. He had lots of friends because he had a decent personality, he didn't put up a wall and use his looks to push others away. No matter your looks it's YOU who change peoples perceptions about you. It's not what you look like on the outside, it's what you look like on the inside. Of course you won't believe that because you can't see past the outside.

To the OP, the less you focus and care about what you look like or what you think people would say the less you'll worry about. Your attitude is you best weapon or it can be your worse enemy. It's up to you to decide which one it'll be.

[Image: 8C7Zu7.gif]
Really waiting to hear actual people with original thoughts. It's like reading a script over and over instead of developing an informed opinion.
I'm actually David Blane.
(08-24-2018, 12:42 PM)Xpendable Wrote: Really waiting to hear actual people with original thoughts. It's like reading a script over and over instead of developing an informed opinion.

It's not impossible to have friends or romantic partners because one is ugly. It's easier to attract people to talk/be friends with you if you're conventionally pretty or just normal looking, but it's not a hard task to achieve if you have a good enough personality and giving up on the prospects or the work just because of the way you see yourself is the real shame.
What's horrible in your eyes might be beautiful in others, what you hate about yourself might be something people find endearing. Your attitude towards your own "flaws" and how you deal with those is also a big reason why people don't want to be around you -- but it's easier to hate everyone else for it than to just look at how you're putting yourself in a deeper hole and pushing anyone who even dares come close away.

It's one thing to want original thoughts, a whole different thing just looking for confirmation bias.
^^ You likely aren't an ACTUAL person. lol
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 

[Image: Quotefancy-19173-3840x2160.jpg?resize=1165%2C655&ssl=1]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apparently I'm ugly. ^^ ShyNLonely 46 6,595 03-18-2019, 11:31 PM
Last Post: jwags818
  Being an ugly girl sunflower_ 35 2,176 03-18-2019, 11:29 PM
Last Post: jwags818
  Being ugly Rust 83 11,945 03-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Last Post: MisterLonely
  Online Dating and Being Ugly LaoDing 11 2,834 11-13-2017, 11:13 PM
Last Post: LaoDing
  Still feel ugly due to my disorder but am crazy to worry so much? LucyMcGoose 20 5,344 11-11-2014, 05:29 AM
Last Post: sothatwasmylife
  GUYS - Would You Date a Fat & Ugly Girl Here Have A Cookie 57 29,260 08-15-2014, 02:21 AM
Last Post: EveWasFramed
  Need help coping with being ugly. BrianaCollen432 35 11,567 11-19-2013, 03:33 AM
Last Post: black_cat
  Is there any point in trying to date if you are ugly? LeaningIntoTheMuse 182 36,617 06-02-2013, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Hearmenow2012
  I can't deal with being ugly anymore. KawaiiHK 51 36,974 05-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Last Post: VanillaCreme
Sad I don't know how to cope with being ugly Adam88 83 67,640 07-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Okiedokes