Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugly
This isn't really a feel good thing.. Im pretty sure no one gives a shit if their friends are ugly or not. Maybe some shallow socialites but that's a pretty limited sub section of society that I'm fairly certain none of us are a part of. Like I don't see how it affects me at all if my drinking buddy looked like he fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch of the way down or not. Are they fun and cool to hang out with? That's my prime concern.

Smell is a whole other issue, I can see if someone stinks then that might drive potential friends away.
“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what?"
-Stephen Fry
It might be possible to find someone on strength of personality (ha... unlikely), or find that rare person who doesn't care at all about physical attraction. But I don't want to go through some giant ordeal just to be given a date... maybe... a see how it goes situation with a woman in her 30s who'll inevitably be a lot less invested.
Well dating is a different scenario yeah, looks can matter there. But the OP was talking about platonic friends.
“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what?"
-Stephen Fry
(08-25-2018, 01:54 AM)ardour Wrote: It might be possible to find someone on strength of personality (ha... unlikely), or find that rare person who doesn't care at all about physical attraction. But I don't want to go through some giant ordeal just to be given a date... maybe... a see how it goes situation with a woman in her 30s who'll inevitably be a lot less invested.

I feel kind of bad, because it's starting to seem like you constantly place yourself with people who are all about looks, or you have genuinely never been around at least one person who you just get along with, that you can laugh with, and it really doesn't matter what they look like. I'm sure a lot of people look at me like I'm a deformed elephant foot, but I laugh with people and can talk with people, that they tend not to care.

Who are you placing yourself around that you only look at their face and determine if they're decent people or not?
The OP didn't mention people not liking him/her based on looks. He/she just hates how he/she looks and sounds like he/she wants to hide away from the world. I think this is about the OP's perception of himself/herself and being embarrassed to show photos. Not about attracting friends of partners.
If you can (actually) smile at yourself in the mirror. I mean, see yourself smiling, it ought to crack yourself up. When that happens, you won't care.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Being ugly Rust 83 11,211 03-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Last Post: MisterLonely
  Apparently I'm ugly. ^^ ShyNLonely 45 5,535 02-02-2018, 06:15 AM
Last Post: ManitobaBrit70
  Online Dating and Being Ugly LaoDing 11 2,563 11-13-2017, 11:13 PM
Last Post: LaoDing
  Still feel ugly due to my disorder but am crazy to worry so much? LucyMcGoose 20 5,065 11-11-2014, 05:29 AM
Last Post: sothatwasmylife
  GUYS - Would You Date a Fat & Ugly Girl Here Have A Cookie 57 28,449 08-15-2014, 02:21 AM
Last Post: EveWasFramed
  Need help coping with being ugly. BrianaCollen432 35 11,116 11-19-2013, 03:33 AM
Last Post: black_cat
  Is there any point in trying to date if you are ugly? LeaningIntoTheMuse 182 34,945 06-02-2013, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Hearmenow2012
  I can't deal with being ugly anymore. KawaiiHK 51 36,393 05-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Last Post: VanillaCreme
Sad I don't know how to cope with being ugly Adam88 83 67,031 07-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Okiedokes
  Father called me fat and ugly shells 20 11,514 11-19-2011, 01:01 AM
Last Post: SophiaGrace