Hello everyone :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghost77

Reaction score
My name is Guy. Yes it's an actual name! I'm British and live, shockingly, in Britain. I'm 41. I'm not sure how much detail on my situation/past is appropriate so I'll go with something fairly minimal for now.

I live alone. I have no friends and no girlfriend. And when I say "no friends" I really do mean zero. I also currently work from home - for my father. My father and sister are basically the only people I have any contact with, unless you count saying "thanks" to the guy at the supermarket checkout.

I have some... problems? Depression (nowhere near as bad as it's been in the past) and anxiety (these days quite possibly the worst it's ever been).

How this came to be is a long story. I imagine most on here have one. It hasn't always been this way. I've never been very social but I've had a few long term relationships and if you go back far enough there was even a time when I had a handful of friends and a social life. But the last twelve months has been first time in my life that I've been almost completely alone, and to be honest I'm very lonely and more than a little terrified that I will be for the rest of my life.

So that's me. It actually feels quite good to be able to write that stuff somewhere that people will read it without running a mile.

I'll read your story and won't run a mile.
OK you're pretty much a social isolate with depression and anxiety and you'd rather not be doing that for the rest of your life.
Well I'm glad you're in the asylum....oh, umm...this forum...with the rest of us.
Actually, you and I may have more than a few things in common....I'm not too far off from being a social isolate myself. I hope you keep coming back. I'm here most every night (USA central time zone) active in the games section. BTW, there are a few other UK nationals on this site.

Thanks constant. I joined the chat room (Discord) thing yesterday and met some nice people in there. Maybe I'll see you in there :)

Hello,
Any major event in the past twelve months that has led to you being completely alone?

Yeah, there was a major event 3 years ago. After that there was a period of instability, then I did some internet dating (in hindsight I'm not sure that actually helped at all) and the last relationship I had from the internet ended twelve months ago. Been completely alone since then.

Latest posts

Back