Can I ever get a loving man?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ug2018

Reaction score
I will be making 30 this September and haven't been in a long-term relationship for more than 7 years. I have fertility issues, a concern to most men especially in our African society. I am a devoted Christian who would hope to be in a meaningful relationship but the two men I  open to about the issue left me because they really want to have children. 

1. Next time I meet a gentleman I like, should I 'forget' to mention this subject?
2. People say that I should settle for a single dad but I do not want to be a step mum, what other choices are there?
3. I've thought it would be lovely to meet some nice men with infertile issues. If you're one of them and reading this post and want to give it a try, please hit me up.

DarkSelene said:
Lying by omission is still lying.

You don't have to tell everyone you meet everything about you right away. Now if he asks or brings it up and she lies or deflects, that's bad.

Indeed there are some men that don't want kids and i'm one of them. There ain't many women in my place that don't want kids.

kamya said:
There are plenty of men out there that don't want kids.

That's definitely true in the West, may not be as many men who feel that way in a lot of African countries.

well honey, if the two men really loved you they woulda stuck with ya regardless.

And if you're a Christian lady then find a Christian man and just have more Faith ma dear. okay????

Sorry to hear that you are having these struggles. Have you considered getting involved with volunteer work? It is rewarding because you get to help others and can meet people with the same interests as you. Use this time to develop your talents and gifts that you can share with others.

1/ Being truthful creates a loving relationship. Deceptions creates fearful relationships.

2/ A loving relationship is not based on fertility, or being seen as virile. That is a conditional relationship based on the false-self (ego).

3/ A loving relationship is based being truthful, and accepting it, between each other.

Latest posts

Back