Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we talk about God but not Religion???
(08-11-2018, 08:07 PM)Rodent Wrote: Personally I don't believe in (any) God but my adherence to free will has also diminished over the years. I can grasp the concept of God's foresight of all possible outcomes for any given situation, making him kind of multi-dimensional/multi-timeline "being". Though I guess it interferes with my lack of belief in free will. Or rather the realization that it won't matter, I can only exist in one timeline and even instances of me wondering about what I could have done differently (but haven't done differently) are just part of this timeline.

It also interferes with my lack of belief in free will =p
well since all things are possible with God then it's got to work out somehow.

could it be we have both? sometimes we can choose our destiny sometimes our destiny is fixed for us?
(08-11-2018, 08:07 PM)Rodent Wrote: Personally I don't believe in (any) God but my adherence to free will has also diminished over the years. I can grasp the concept of God's foresight of all possible outcomes for any given situation, making him kind of multi-dimensional/multi-timeline "being". Though I guess it interferes with my lack of belief in free will. Or rather the realization that it won't matter, I can only exist in one timeline and even instances of me wondering about what I could have done differently (but haven't done differently) are just part of this timeline.

If the Multiverse is true, you don't really exist only in one timeline, though.
In fact, isn't there the infinitely small chance of a universe in which we are all immortals in it? 
;-)
Bruh das nawt how infinity werx.

But who knows maybe you're right. Science and medicine and all that.
(08-14-2018, 02:42 AM)Richard_39 Wrote:

If the Multiverse is true, you don't really exist only in one timeline, though.
In fact, isn't there the infinitely small chance of a universe in which we are all immortals in it? 
;-)

"I" (the sum of all my decisions up to this point and probably beyond and my awareness of them) do, but a given entity called Rodent is necessarily going to exist in multiple timelines. At least in a sizable number of timelines in which I decided to stick with that name but where that name is the only constant variable.
Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I go...
[Image: d8mV4rP.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can anyone here see or talk to ghosts? Do you believe in the paranormal? SophiaGrace 45 6,256 08-14-2018, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Joturbo
  free will and free choice in religion (short) mickey 26 4,881 04-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Last Post: mickey
  LET'S TALK ABOUT RELIGION!! CAS 5 1,138 07-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Last Post: Minus
  Why is the debate of religion forbidden? Unwanted94 6 1,315 05-30-2012, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Gutted
  Religion is given undeserved protection on this forum frey12 4 1,357 05-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Minus