Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here and hoping to make friends
Hello All,

I'm a 47 female looking to find some interaction with people who can understand what it's like to suffer from problems that are not shared by the majority of the population.

I am agoraphobic, with a gradually worsening situation in the past 10 or so years.

I manage... with help. 

I support myself financially by working from home.

I don't know how many of you experience sensory overload on a regular basis. I think that is my most difficult problem.

I'm not too good socially. Although I have worked with people, I do not seem to be able to acquire close friends (except one) which is probably due to my being odd (can't think of another word) but also due to a reluctance of mine which I cannot really explain.

When I feel better, I love reading, art, photography (especially), handcrafts. Also generally discussing life.

I will be happy to make some connections. I would love to have a close friendship connection.

That's it...

All the best from me.
You said a lot there, Espiritis. I can't even really imagine what it's like living with agoraphobia but good on you for supporting yourself financially. And good on you for having help......to manage.
I guess we've made some connection here. I'm around on this forum pretty regularly. Our paths will cross again I hope.
What we think we become.
Welcome to the site.
I'm sorry to hear of what you're going through, Esperitis.

While I may not be able to fully relate, I do hope that there are people you can connect with on here. Good luck, and welcome to the forum. (:
(08-05-2018, 11:53 PM)Esperitis Wrote: Hello All,

I'm a 47 female looking to find some interaction with people who can understand what it's like to suffer from problems that are not shared by the majority of the population.

I am agoraphobic, with a gradually worsening situation in the past 10 or so years.

I manage... with help. 

I support myself financially by working from home.

I don't know how many of you experience sensory overload on a regular basis. I think that is my most difficult problem.

I'm not too good socially. Although I have worked with people, I do not seem to be able to acquire close friends (except one) which is probably due to my being odd (can't think of another word) but also due to a reluctance of mine which I cannot really explain.

When I feel better, I love reading, art, photography (especially), handcrafts. Also generally discussing life.

I will be happy to make some connections. I would love to have a close friendship connection.

That's it...

All the best from me.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
[Image: dapulo34998.png]
Hi Esperitis welcome to the forum Smile
Hey, Esperitis. I suffer with agoraphobia as well. Was doing really well a year, and two years ago (got on a plane to visit my family out of state!). Lately it's been creeping back in along with other fears, etc... Sorry to hear you struggle with fear in this way. It can be terrifying, painful, and unpleasant...
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard inner battle."
-Namu Amida Butsu
--Hippo Sad
---May your jimmies be forever unrustled...
----"At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice." -Maya Angelou
-----"Lack of personal justice does not excuse one's own ignorance.  Do not be blinded by the wrongs done to you, lest you stumble and wrong others."
------"...There's jazz going on..." -Alan Watts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New, looking for friends Miriam1966 9 268 10-13-2018, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Miriam1966
  Hoping to feel welcome Gizmo231 9 604 08-01-2018, 05:37 AM
Last Post: Gizmo231
  Can't seem to make and retain friends. mattsmom 9 1,084 09-05-2017, 01:19 AM
Last Post: MisterLonely
  New here, looking for friends ;w; Lumil 5 908 07-11-2017, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Meaw
  Looking for friends tawnygirl 4 770 07-11-2017, 08:05 PM
  Hey guys. I'm new here, hoping to make friends (at least online). loser4life 6 1,374 04-19-2017, 12:53 PM
  New and looking for friends Gaylebco 14 2,351 01-29-2017, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Wordy
Rolleyes I'm new & looking for friends EmeraldGreen 15 2,154 08-11-2015, 03:47 AM
Last Post: wolvesjr
  Can Music Really Make You Who You Are? Shio 12 1,663 07-28-2015, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Kiwifox
  I am new on ere & hopin 2 make new friends :-) PrincessKittyLola 8 1,654 07-25-2015, 08:21 AM
Last Post: abakshi1984