New here and hoping to make friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esperitis

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm a 47 female looking to find some interaction with people who can understand what it's like to suffer from problems that are not shared by the majority of the population.

I am agoraphobic, with a gradually worsening situation in the past 10 or so years.

I manage... with help. 

I support myself financially by working from home.

I don't know how many of you experience sensory overload on a regular basis. I think that is my most difficult problem.

I'm not too good socially. Although I have worked with people, I do not seem to be able to acquire close friends (except one) which is probably due to my being odd (can't think of another word) but also due to a reluctance of mine which I cannot really explain.

When I feel better, I love reading, art, photography (especially), handcrafts. Also generally discussing life.

I will be happy to make some connections. I would love to have a close friendship connection.

That's it...

All the best from me.

You said a lot there, Espiritis. I can't even really imagine what it's like living with agoraphobia but good on you for supporting yourself financially. And good on you for having help......to manage.
I guess we've made some connection here. I'm around on this forum pretty regularly. Our paths will cross again I hope.

Welcome to the site.

I'm sorry to hear of what you're going through, Esperitis.

While I may not be able to fully relate, I do hope that there are people you can connect with on here. Good luck, and welcome to the forum. :)

Esperitis said:
Hello All,

I'm a 47 female looking to find some interaction with people who can understand what it's like to suffer from problems that are not shared by the majority of the population.

I am agoraphobic, with a gradually worsening situation in the past 10 or so years.

I manage... with help. 

I don't know how many of you experience sensory overload on a regular basis. I think that is my most difficult problem.

I'm not too good socially. Although I have worked with people, I do not seem to be able to acquire close friends (except one) which is probably due to my being odd (can't think of another word) but also due to a reluctance of mine which I cannot really explain.

When I feel better, I love reading, art, photography (especially), handcrafts. Also generally discussing life.

I will be happy to make some connections. I would love to have a close friendship connection.

That's it...

All the best from me.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Hey, Esperitis. I suffer with agoraphobia as well. Was doing really well a year, and two years ago (got on a plane to visit my family out of state!). Lately it's been creeping back in along with other fears, etc... Sorry to hear you struggle with fear in this way. It can be terrifying, painful, and unpleasant...

Hello Esperitis, I don't personally suffer from agoraphobia, but my mother did. So I can sort of understand the difficulties you must face. I am new here and looking for chat friends so please say hi when you have time!

I can't imagine how difficult that must be. There are a lot of caring people around here so don't hesitate to reach out. I wish you the best.

Esperitis said:
Hello All,

I manage... with help. 

That's it...

All the best from me.

Hi There Espy, Im 57yo guy from UK. With a rare condition called Klippel Fiel Syndrome. Ditto to most of what you say, I guess my fear of going out is more through isolation than the fear of open spaces although dealing with the general public en mass has always proved difficult for me. I'm pleased to hear that you are getting help & support.  Im not sure about senory oveload for myself but I do suffer from feeling overwhelmed by my sitution and external events very,very often.  As an adult friendships like you have always been temporary and never long lasting. But sometime I admit to pushing people away as I sometime perciever rightly or wrongly that I was being used in one way or the other sometimes more obviously than others

Im also very Odd lol. both to look at and to know, I suppose? I guess I never knew anyone who really got me so I ended up being a bit of an enigma in many ways to most folk. The rest totally ignore me....

I to have enjoyed photography in the past, and get by by repairing & reselling electronic gadgets.

Would be nice to hear from you sometime... Take care OK

Esperitis said:
Hello All,

I manage... with help. 

That's it...

All the best from me.

Welcome to the site.. Lots of good people on this site.. :)

Latest posts

Back