Hello! New here, from Canada :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Look@theflowersTLOU

Reaction score
Hello!
I am a 27 year old female, Canadian, obviously.  :p
I don't really know what to say, as I'm never good at introductions. I've been dealing with anxiety and depression for about 6 years now, well, I've always had it but I've been getting treated for about that long. 

I recently started suffering from panic attacks which has made me withdraw quite a bit. I've always been a pretty independent introverted person, but I do find that I've been feeling kind of lonely as of late. I would just love to meet some new people and make some new friends. 

I've been looking at some of the posts on this site, and it seems like a good place to be. 

It feels good to be here.

Welcome to the forums :)

Hi there, welcome to the forum :)

I recently read a post that when you have anxiety some good things to do are things like crossword puzzles or sudoku or do math problems or try writing something like a poem or some fan fiction or go out and exercise. Anything to get your mind off the ruminations of anxiety. For panic attacks try listing off US states or state capitals or try to list off the different countries in Europe.

When I was younger I use to get panic attacks and I had a prescription for sereqeul ( idk spelling) that I would only take when I started to have a panic or anxiety attack and that helped to calm me down I would also sit in my bed and read books of comic strips like Calvin and Hobbes and Foxtrot.

I hope that helps some.

What are some of your interests? Favorite books? Favorite bands?

evanescencefan912 said:
Hi there, welcome to the forum :)

I recently read a post that when you have anxiety some good things to do are things like crossword puzzles or sudoku or do math problems or try writing something like a poem or some fan fiction or go out and exercise. Anything to get your mind off the ruminations of anxiety. For panic attacks try listing off US states or state capitals or try to list off the different countries in Europe.

When I was younger I use to get panic attacks and I had a prescription for sereqeul ( idk spelling) that I would only take when I started to have a panic or anxiety attack and that helped to calm me down I would also sit in my bed and read books of comic strips like Calvin and Hobbes and Foxtrot.

I hope that helps some.

What are some of your interests? Favorite books? Favorite bands?

Thank you for the nice welcome everyone!

Thank you @evanescencefan912 for those recommendations! It's funny that you mention writing fan fiction because I just recently started getting back into that! A couple of my family members have suggested going to my doctor and asking about taking something when I feel a panic attack coming on, as a person I know finds that to help her as well. 

Some of my interests are playing guitar and playing video games. I'm in school, so I don't have much free time! Favourite books are definitely the Harry Potter series, I tend to always go back to those ones. Favourite bands? I can't really think of any at the moment, as I haven't listened to much music in a while, but I've been listening to the Greatest Showman soundtrack!

What about you?

Hi Look@the flowers good luck on the forum.

Panic attacks can be very traumatic at first but can be beaten . I ended up in hospital with someone when they first suffered one because at the time they felt like it was a heart attack coming on with the racing heartbeat and not experienced with anything like it before it was very frightening for them.Seven years on(sorry for negativity) they have tried everything to beat them including I think cognitive therapy ,mindfulness  don't quote me on it I think was another but they have never taken pills but thankfully they have calmed right down now and rarely do the attacks occur now.But I know of friends of people who have given up work they have such an impact on there lives.I sure there's some celebrity that totally conquered them so not all doom and gloom.Anyway sorry you going through this hope you find light at the end of the tunnel like my friend ...cheers  :)

Joturbo said:
Hi Look@the flowers good luck on the forum.

Panic attacks can be very traumatic at first but can be beaten . I ended up in hospital with someone when they first suffered one because at the time they felt like it was a heart attack coming on with the racing heartbeat and not experienced with anything like it before it was very frightening for them.Seven years on(sorry for negativity) they have tried everything to beat them including I think cognitive therapy ,mindfulness  don't quote me on it I think was another but they have never taken pills but thankfully they have calmed right down now and rarely do the attacks occur now.But I know of friends of people who have given up work they have such an impact on there lives.I sure there's some celebrity that totally conquered them so not all doom and gloom.Anyway sorry you going through this hope you find light at the end of the tunnel like my friend ...cheers  :)

Thanks @joturbo 

I only just recently started experiencing them, and the first one I had brought me to the hospital as well. it was 4am in the morning, and I woke up with a racing heart, and was shaking all over. I thought I was having a heart attack as well, as I had never felt my heart beat that fast! They can be very paralyzing. 
I have been taking anxiety medication for a number of years, and I think that's what has been causing them, as I recently stopped taking them and haven't had one since, though I have feared them coming back. i'm just trying to take it day by day since it hasn't been long since i've had one. 
Thanks for that though, it does help when I hear of others going through it and what has helped, and just knowing i'm not alone in this does make me feel a little better! Thank you!

Look@theflowersTLOU said:
Hello!
I don't really know what to say, as I'm never good at introductions. I've been dealing with anxiety and depression for about 6 years now, well, I've always had it but I've been getting treated for about that long. 

I recently started suffering from panic attacks which has made me withdraw quite a bit. I've always been a pretty independent introverted person, but I do find that I've been feeling kind of lonely as of late. I would just love to meet some new people and make some new friends. 

I've been looking at some of the posts on this site, and it seems like a good place to be. 

Welcome to this forum. I hope you will enjoy your stay here

Look@theflowersTLOU said:
Hello!

Hi, glad to hear you are in treatment and that you are here. Loneliness comes and goes. What matters most is that we notice it coming and we must let it pass without it allowing to harm us in any way. Welcome to this group! Take care. 

Latest posts

Back