What is your universal IQ

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamya

Reaction score
I found a cool IQ test that is supposed to minimize cultural or education biases. It is mostly just pattern recognition.  

http://home.earthlink.net/~jimmyjones/uiq.html

Score of 150 reporting in =P.

Take and share your score. Compare e-peens with me.

I missed 9, 18, and 20. I'm pretty sure I know what I got wrong on 9. 18 and 20 I pretty much give up. I don't have the time or energy (or possibly the ability) to figure them out. I think there was another one I missed but I forget which one.

[edit]
Here is a timed test created by MENSA Norway. Only got a 125 on this one.
http://test.mensa.no/

I saw it, and got too lazy, so IQ of zero for me.  :)

I wonder about these tests though.  I confess I didn't scroll down all the way, but is it all pattern recognition?  That's only one type of intelligence, and there are others.

It's like an autism test I did.  They said it wasn't one of those buzzfeed type quizzes, but a well-recognised test written by expert psychologists in the 1970s.  OK.

The first question was, "would you rather go to a nightclub or a library?"   

Hell, LIBRARY!

But it's a bit too granular.

I would much rather go to a library, but there are problems here:

1. I know autistic people who literally could not go to a nightclub, as they'd have a meltdown in the lobby.
2.  I could go to a nightclub without having a meltdown, but I'd hate every moment of it.
3.  Many completely neurotypical people would rather go to a library.

I'm not sure about these.  Good bit of fun though.

TheLoadedDog said:
I saw it, and got too lazy, so IQ of zero for me.  :)

I wonder about these tests though.  I confess I didn't scroll down all the way, but is it all pattern recognition?  That's only one type of intelligence, and there are others.

It's like an autism test I did.  They said it wasn't one of those buzzfeed type quizzes, but a well-recognised test written by expert psychologists in the 1970s.  OK.

The first question was, "would you rather go to a nightclub or a library?"   

Hell, LIBRARY!

But it's a bit too granular.

I would much rather go to a library, but there are problems here:

1. I know autistic people who literally could not go to a nightclub, as they'd have a meltdown in the lobby.
2.  I could go to a nightclub without having a meltdown, but I'd hate every moment of it.
3.  Many completely neurotypical people would rather go to a library.

I'm not sure about these.  Good bit of fun though.

I'd say there is a lot of critical thinking involved along with some pattern recognition. It is designed to be universal so there are no words or cultural references. It's mostly just wanting to see if you can figure out what is going on and fill in the blank. It is for measuring IQ, not overall intelligence.

According to google,
"[font=q_serif, Georgia, Times,]The IQ test consists of a number of tasks measuring various measures of intelligence including short-term memory, analytical thinking, mathematical ability and spatial recognition. It measures the person’s ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.[/font]

[font=q_serif, Georgia, Times,]IQ doesn’t measure a person’s general knowledge of facts and figures, like whether they know the capital of Russia. It’s meant to measure intelligence functions like problem-solving skills, pattern recognition, mathematical logic, and finding connections among verbal concepts.[/font]

[font=q_serif, Georgia, Times,][size=small][font=q_serif, Georgia, Times,]The most important elements that you are made up of:[/font]
[/font][/size]
  • Emotional Intelligence
  • Cognitive Ability
  • Practical Experiences
  • Creativity
  • Situational Awareness (Street Smart)
[font=q_serif, Georgia, Times,][size=small][font=q_serif, Georgia, Times,]IQ test measures your cognitive ability (only one of the above), and having an average IQ does make you ‘bad’ or more typical.[/font]"[/font][/size]

I'm not really interested in debating or talking about the merits of certain tests and what they measure though. I'd rather people just take it and share what they got so we can compare e-peens. Also the answers to 18 and 20 would be nice. So just take the **** test. :)

I can't take it... I was curious about how the quiz/website worked together... and now I can see the answers. I'd be cheating if I took it now. :(

Kamya, firstly let me apologise for sounding crabby. It's just that I've been bombarded with tests for various things on Facebook lately, and it's driving me nuts. I'm sorry.

Anyway, I knew I wouldn't perform as well as you, but having been tested at 145, I got 115. What? And then I got this:
You missed questions: #3 #8 #10 #11 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

Erm... no. It's a bit difficult to miss twelve questions out of twenty. I could understand missing one out of carelessness. Test is broken.

Anyway, I'm a words guy, not a patterns guy. Definitely not a mathematics guy.

But I do apologise for sounding rude. I do maintain though, that this is sounding out one narrow band of intelligence, but there are many. I know highly intelligent people who are dyslexic, others who can't do mathematics, others who have no sense of direction, others who can't draw...

Edit: Oh OK. "Missed" as in "got wrong" not "forgot to answer." Maybe US English. My IQ is going down the tubes even further.... :D

You didn't sound rude at all to me. No worries.

These kinds of threads just always slowly devolve into discussions about the merits of IQ tests and what intelligence really means and how IQ doesn't really matter. Or that online IQ tests aren't accurate or valid. And they are mostly right. IQ tests only test one area of intelligence, and the real ones involve a lot more than just answering a few multiple choice questions. I didn't want this thread to end up the same way as the others is all. I also wasn't really sure what section of the forum to put this.

Kaetic is there a way to remove the answers so you can take it without it being cheating? Also... I couldn't figure out how to find the answers for the ones I missed. :( How did you see the answers?

I got 160. I picked wrong answers on purpose if I remembered what the answer was but couldn't figure out the pattern. I had to guess a couple times. I missed 14, 16, and 19.

The answers are in the source code, right at the top. JavaScript function calculate()

I'll try the other one, not right now though. Time to sleep.

My mum summed up IQ well. She said everybody's brain is like a sheet of paper. The higher your IQ, the bigger the sheet of paper. However, that doesn't necessarily mean there is anything written on that sheet of paper. What is written on it is smartness.

kaetic said:
I got 160. I picked wrong answers on purpose if I remembered what the answer was but couldn't figure out the pattern. I had to guess a couple times. I missed 14, 16, and 19.

The answers are in the source code, right at the top. JavaScript function calculate()

Ah ok.

Cheetah! =P

What are the point of these? I mean, my son will be taking one this school year, but that's more for scholarships and college related crap.

Adults taking it in a situation like this just seems to me like it's a "I'm smarter than you" kind of thing. The personality ones are a little better since they will actually tell you something about yourself, but I just don't really see the point in this. Just my opinion, of course.

That's what I was saying about intelligence versus being actually smart. There's no skill involved in the former (you're born with it), but there is in the latter (you work for it).

Thankfully, I'm as thick as pig honeysuckle. :D

TheRealCallie said:
What are the point of these?  I mean, my son will be taking one this school year, but that's more for scholarships and college related crap.  

Adults taking it in a situation like this just seems to me like it's a "I'm smarter than you" kind of thing.  The personality ones are a little better since they will actually tell you something about yourself, but I just don't really see the point in this.  Just my opinion, of course.

I already explained what the point is. It measures your cognitive abilities.

You guys are just repeating what I've already said.

Kind of weird.
Im impatient. So I did the first 7 question, which I got right, than randomly picked. I got 125, a bunch of missed questions, but less than the person above who got 145. Whats the math on that?

Richard_39 said:
Kind of weird.
Im impatient. So I did the first 7 question, which I got right, than randomly picked. I got 125, a bunch of missed questions, but less than the person above who got 145. Whats the math on that?

The questions get harder and matter more as the test goes on. So, it depends on which questions you missed rather than how many. That's my guess anyways. Also, he said he got a 115 on this test. The 145 was from another test.

I also did a random click through on the first test earlier and got a 125 =p. Not sure what that means.

kamya said:
kaetic said:

Ah ok.

Cheetah! =P

Lol, you wanted me to take it anyway.

Second test I got 133.

TheRealCallie said:
What are the point of these?  I mean, my son will be taking one this school year, but that's more for scholarships and college related crap.  

Adults taking it in a situation like this just seems to me like it's a "I'm smarter than you" kind of thing.  The personality ones are a little better since they will actually tell you something about yourself, but I just don't really see the point in this.  Just my opinion, of course.

Well yeah the tests don't really mean anything for adults, I wouldn't think, but you might get a minor self esteem boost if you get the score you want. Of course, you'll probably take a hit to your ego if you approach it like a competition.

Haven’t tried this yet me but had a friend at university test several of us under strict test conditions as part of her degree thesis back in 1986, I scored a 168 apparently

You have to ask how valid this is if most peple taking it are getting well over the mean (100)

ardour said:
You have to ask how valid this is if most peple taking it are getting well over the mean (100)

We have a really small sample size we're dealing with. Plus people can just lie. 

The second test is probably a little more accurate.

Latest posts

Back