Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelf

Reaction score
Hello....I'm Michael and live in RI.  I'm 50 and struggling with having no birth family in regards to parents, aunts, uncles...etc
My 20 year old son is in college in NY as he should be.  I was married 23 years and x now resides with her girlfriend.
They were my focus.  My quite house is driving me batty.   Feel anxious and depressed.  I'm on meds, go to the gym, bike.......,
Feel disconnected
Glad to have found this site

Hiya, michaelf--  

I know what you mean about the oppressive silence in the house when it's just you, alone.  I went out and bought a big old television, thinking the background noise downstairs would perk things up, but it's more of an irritant, tbh. 

IAC, welcome to the forum-- I'm new here, myself.  Been browsing for the past couple of days, and I see a lot of people experiencing much of the same sort of things I am.  It helps, plus it's good to socialize with others who appreciate the chance to connect.  I hope you find a way through this rough patch you're in.  Middle age is a great time of Life in so many ways.

Hey Michaelf! Welcome. I am very sorry you are going through this. I can tell by your words you are in quite a rut. Many people find it very uplifting spiritually when they volunteer somewhere. Have you considered doing something like that? Perhaps there is a homeless shelter or an animal shelter that could use some help? Something like that might be just what you need to lift your spirits during this difficult time.

Hello Michael, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll find some positivity from here and make some meaningful connections. Take care.

Latest posts

Back