Hello Everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthless_loser

Reaction score
Warning: Lots of self-loathing and pity seeking ahead

I am 27 years old, unemployed and I live with my parents.  I have never had a job and I don't know how to do anything. 

I don't really want to work hard but I am too stupid to do anything other than menial labor.

I don't want anything out of life other than a woman who loves me.  But I am a worthless loser so I have to fix whats wrong with me first.

I have been trying to find work online at home because I have no car or driver's license.

I don't want to drive anyway because I can't concentrate and I am afraid of getting into an accident.

Every time I find some work-at-home idea it turns out they either want experience or don't train you at all.

They also want attributes that I don't have like confidence, assertiveness, good communication skills, and basically everything else I don't have.

I am so tired of doing this. :club:

From age 18-24 I was thinking about killing myself because I think I have no chance at life.  But I care about my parents and don't want them to feel sad if I did that so I was going to mooch off of them until they died and then kill myself. 

I received hope that I could change when I was 24 when I heard about spiritual "woo woo" type stuff so I started working towards that.

But I need a job to pay for things and since I am having trouble finding one I feel like going back to my default idea.

I have lost hope again and I just don't see how it gets better.

All I see is starvation and homelessness.

Lots of millenials still stay with their parents because of the tough economy.

I don't really have a problem with staying with my parents. I don't like mooching off of them. I also don't want to turn out like them either. Work hard and have nothing to show for it.

Hello, *insert name here*.

What's your name if you don't mind me asking? I'd like to formally call you something other than your username as I feel no one should be called that. Even if it's given by themselves.

I can relate a lot to what you're saying and I myself didn't even get my first car or license until a year ago and I'm 33 (granted, living in a city with plenty of buses/trains was a major reason). With the exception of getting a mundane labor job at an early age, I like to think I've been in your very shoes. Heck some of it still resides with me unfortunately.

When I was 24, my father passed away and that forcibly made me adapt and transition over to a full-time job and now I'm manager with many skills despite feeling like I didn't have them. I was a late bloomer with MANY things in my life, you simply could be one too. Don't lose hope please. Us humans, always adapt and surprise ourselves from time to time.

I'm not here to tell you that you should do this, or this. Or, force you into thinking you should do what 'society' deems as contributing. I'm simply just saying you are not alone and things are not set in stone. And for some people, realizing there are others like them helps some. Especially, when they think they are worthless or indifferent.

You are obviously very self-reflective and self-aware, those are STRONG traits that many people lack and I personally wish everyone had.

I sincerely hope your stay here helps you and I look forward to seeing you around.

My real name is Gavin.

I don't think it is self-reflection more than a weird form of self-harm.

I just beat myself up hoping someone will save me and fix my life for me but I know that will not happen.

I keep looking for get-rich-quick schemes even though I know it won't work.

Everything I find takes time and effort to get good at it but I need money now.

First thing you need to do is stop calling yourself a worthless loser! Seriously, you will get nowhere if you continue to do that. You should request a name change.

Now aside from that, have you thought of volunteering until you can find some work? Is there anything nearby that you could do to get yourself out of the house and give you a little boost that might make you feel good and help others?

"Get rich quick" schemes will make you poorer, since they generally require a start up. Try looking at Rat Race Rebellion, they have legit jobs posted.

You need to get out of the habit of putting yourself down. Welcome to the forum.

Hi Gavin.
If you need to talk i can listen.
Hope you stop beating yourself up like this. What makes a person worth something is not material, job or money related things. The only thing that mathers to me at least it what kind of "soul" people have.
Sending a hug your way.

Love Jessi.

Hello Gavin.

I know your feelings very well. For I was and am in similar situation.

One of your most important problems is finding a job.

Even if you have no education and no special abilities you still can work as a loader.

When I was 18 I too had no decent education, no abilities, no skills. So I started to work as a loader at a storehouse. I loaded heavy bags, instruments, some metal things and other building materials. That work was phisically heavy but did not demand any special skills. Every healthy man can do it. And you can do it. If you need money and work experience try to work as a loader. Or you can find any other primitive phisical job demanding no qualification or education.

However, if you will find a work-at-home then say me about it. I am really interested.

Jessicat said:
Hi Gavin.
If you need to talk i can listen.
Hope you stop beating yourself up like this. What makes a person worth something is not material, job or money related things. The only thing that mathers to me at least it what kind of "soul" people have.
Sending a hug your way.

Love Jessi.

Jessicat, I tell myself this every day.

Welcome to the forum, Gavin. Put it this way, if rock legends such as Freddie Mercury and John Lennon had maintained anonymity and only performed their songs in their parent's basements, and never showed their talents to the outside world, would they still be great singers? Yes. If the world's finest famous master chefs only ever cooked for their families, and didn't televise their culinary skills would they still be great chefs? Yes.

In other words, just because nobody has recognized your greatness and potential, doesn't mean that it isn't there. It just means that nobody has had the privilege of experiencing it. Hope that makes sense.

I don't know if I should respond because it has been a while but I also feel rude for not doing so.
Thank you for all the nice responses.
Sorry I didn't reply to all of them.

I hear you, buddy. I feel that way too sometimes. But at least you got your parents. I live with my mom too, but it works out too, because she would never allow me to leave unless she passes away. I don't know where I'd be without my mom. Maybe with my sister. Ideally, I would rather move out of California where it is cheaper in another state. You sound a lot like me. I can't think sometimes too. I have somewhat bad eyesight that might get worse as I age. And I have no social skills around women at all. In fact, I go back and forth between getting friends and a girlfriend in real-life. I do the same **** things everyday, but it's my routine and I don't really want to change it.

You hang in there, man.

C'mon Gavin. Give yourself a chance to learn. I think anyone can do a thing to a grade. Find something you like to do, and just do it. Don't be too hard to yourself. Rooting for you, man!

Latest posts

Back