Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Journey to Tranquillity
It took a while to see the positive aspect of this piece. But my eye was drawn to heart and it’s connection to nature, gives it a sense of hopefulness.

That second detail, the noose halo combination is interesting. What does that mean? I had some thoughts on that, would like to know what it means to you as well.
(08-31-2018, 03:51 PM)Yukongirl Wrote: It took a while to see the positive aspect of this piece. But my eye was drawn to heart and it’s connection to nature, gives it a sense of hopefulness.

That second detail, the noose halo combination is interesting. What does that mean? I had some thoughts on that, would like to know what it means to you as well.

Thanks for asking.

Please share what you thought it means. There are many interpretations of any one thing. Life as we know it is not necessarily so ;-)

What it means to me is that spirituality is based on being humble. In other words, as soon as you think you ARE spirtual, you just hung yourself by your own ego.

In my mind, I had the connection between clenched hand to heart as a sign of gratitude.
The heart is also pink for love, with a white outline for radiance. Overall, it looks clean and pure. This is how I felt my heart at the time.

Detail #1 is to remind me that no matter how lonely and depressed I can get there is always the Spirit of Life shining on me. 
It also reminds me to stop burying myself inwardly. That the Spirit of Life respects my free-will, and is waiting for me to accept it.
Work changed and became unemployed for a while, as a result I relocated to cheaper accommodations. It was an all in one room place, with security bars on the windows. Oh, how diiferent city life can be to the wilderness. To help me cope, I decided to do a landscape. But I could not get out of the city to paint it. So I had to do it from memory. And as a joke, I added steel bars to symbolize my frustration of being stuck. No much tranquility within me, but enough to start painting my landscape.

[Image: 75DSBNo.jpg]

Land-e-scape Dreaming (4 x 2.5 feet)

[Image: xQvij6J.jpg]

By the time I finished, I was resolved to do what was needed to become unstuck. 
The painting helped me to accept my current situation and to no longer let barriers hold me back. Decided to re-educted for better chances of employment.

Later, a friend acquired the painting. Soon after, he relocated to rural settings. . . and found his piece of tranquility (but not so much within him).
Discovered that most people only find one or two close friends in their life. Others are aquaintances. Also, that close friend may not be a large part of our own life, unless your life long partner is your close friend. I find a close friend is one where you can be with, in tranquility, nearly all the time.

Two Old Friends (4 x 2.5 feet)
[Image: wvq5ey6.jpg]

These two have grown up together and died together in an open field of tranquility (alone but not alone).
Decided to paint a lanscape of my mind that represents how I was feeling inside.
On completion I discovered how quiet and still it was, quite frank actually. So I called it Point Frank for many years. Later I renamed it ...

Serenity (3 x 3 feet).

[Image: bqcvKaZ.jpg]
In Detail #2, I saw the rope as a lasso that is perceived as a halo.  Not for hanging, but rather as a type of tether that is ready to drop should you try to stray.
"I never said, 'I want to be alone.'  I only said 'I want to be let alone!'  There is all the difference." ~ Greta Garbo
(09-03-2018, 11:44 AM)Blue Bob Wrote: In Detail #2, I saw the rope as a lasso that is perceived as a halo.  Not for hanging, but rather as a type of tether that is ready to drop should you try to stray.

That is an interesting perception. Thanks for sharing. 
It is good that you can see your own interpretations of/in a painting, and get something out of it that is yours.
these are real good!
"From my mind to these pages
to another time and another reader's eyes,
it's amazing how I can speak to you
over time and distance.
That is the Beauty of Literature."
-P.L.R.
Thank you for sharing your story and incredible artwork. You are very talented.
Sometimes even the devil on my shoulder asks "What the hell are you doing now?"

I have completely mastered the art of doing everything wrong.
(09-03-2018, 07:05 AM)Tranquil Wrote: Decided to paint a lanscape of my mind that represents how I was feeling inside.
On completion I discovered how quiet and still it was, quite frank actually. So I called it Point Frank for many years. Later I renamed it ...

Serenity (3 x 3 feet).

[Image: bqcvKaZ.jpg]

Hi, Tranqul!

Nice paint of a Norwayian fiord... Have been over there? (I haven't, but If i were rich I'll move out to another place, and have thought about Island or Norway: I don't understand their tongues!)
I'll be all I want to be!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Journey az85029gal 0 90 11-03-2019, 01:56 PM
Last Post: az85029gal