is my life over with?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAnxiousPain

Reaction score
Spent most of my 20's depressed and down. I have really been through pure hell. This year I have turned the depression into aggression and has worked 2 jobs and I am almost at my goal. I will be moving to NYC to start a bartending job and start a new life.

I feel like I miss the boat. I just can't believe that life wait til I'm 26 to start getting better? Where will life take me? I'm so afraid that I am too damaged because of depression and I'm behind in life. 

IS 26 too old to start over? I never really had any true friends and missed out on things because I was sheltered and had very belittling family.

No it's not over. I was about 26 when I really decided to change things around. I'm a few months away from 30 and life is better than ever and constantly improving. Pretty much every year is better than the last. 

I don't see anything that would get in the way of you accomplishing something similar.

Learn from your past to better your future. Depression has its roots grounded in the past. It contains all the things that did not go your way. Lessons learnt are those things that will serve you to accept things that won't go your way now or in the future. 

Life is like an experiment. Sometimes it blows up in your face. Accept it, learn from it, put lessons into place. This is how we mature, become wiser, accept things easier, and become more attractive to other people. Twenty-six is so so young. At least you won't be attracting so many immature friends.

Tranquil is right, 26 is a good age, a young age relatively speaking.
Go to NYC and start in a new direction for yourself, use the experiences you've had to benefit yourself; you now know a few things to NOT do and some wiser courses to follow. The big 'Three Oh' is 4 years away.....you're just starting some of the best decades of your life. The 30's and 40's should be prime earning and gladness years....the blunders of youthful ignorance are over and the inevitable physical declines of aging are still many years away!

You are in an enviable position!

In about 50 years you will look back on this question and smile. Even 50 years from now, it would not be too late to grow, improve, and live a better life. As long as you are breathing, God has a plan and purpose for you. Consider life a long-term journey of growth and opportunity. I pray that your new life in a new city would be just that kind of opportunity.

It’s never too old (late) to start anew. All you need:
1. To get what you never had => do what you’ve never done (but only in a possitive way)
2. Find a way to motivate yourself (so you won’t be dependant on your surroundings)

Believe in yourself and make a step forward to something good! 🤘🏻

It is never to late. Most of us here are damaged or something happened to them in the past. Will it go away. No .Will the void inside you disappear. No ,but you will learn how to live with it. You feel that you missed a lot of things, friends, love, or something else. You are at 26, it is not to late, I am 28 and still struggling and fighting mostly everyday and I am tired of it

Oh, my dear young fellow. Be brave. Be patience Be positive dont be afraid from life. All is well and all will happen well. Life is exam for everyone. Only passed those who have the above abilities. I am sure you can manage. Stay cool and calm. Your life is planned, your story is already written just you have to gone through it.

Welcome to New York!

Anyone who is older will congratulate you. It's much easier to start over at 26 than 35, 45, or later. You feel that you are behind in life, well I am 21 and I feel the same way - everyone else seems to be ahead of me in how much experience they have. But if your depression turned into aggression, you should be able to catch up.

I wish you the best of luck!

Latest posts

Back