looking to make a friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostInLimbo

Reaction score
So, I have problems. GAD, social anxiety, agoraphobia, depression, and who knows what else. As anyone familiar with those things would probably guess, I have a really hard time meeting people and making friends. I'm okay most times with sending things like emails and private messages because I can take my time and reply at my own pace, but when it comes to things like instant messaging, talking on the phone, voice or video chats, or just talking face to face then I completely freeze up unless I really feel comfortable with the person I'm talking to. My only option is to meet people online, and hopefully become comfortable enough with them that I can talk in those ways I'm normally uncomfortable with. I've met a lot of people online over the last few years, though I just can't seem to meet anyone that truly understands me or is willing to give me a chance at a true friendship.

That brings me here, and the slim hope that I could make a friend that will last. I admit I would love to somehow meet someone that lives in my area, someone I might be able to potentially meet in person in the future, though that's probably impossible I'm sure. I admit that I have my moments where my depression kicks in and I'm probably the most miserable person in the world, but when I do feel like myself I love to act like a total idiot and just be as silly as can be. I would especially love to meet someone that is into gaming, because that's about all I know anymore. I don't care about age, gender, race, or anything like that I'm just looking for someone that is a good person that will give me a chance. I have a little info about myself on my profile, though I don't mind saying more in a private message. If anyone would be interested in talking, please send me a message.

Wow... no one responded yet. Sorry about that.
Welcome to ALL. We've got a lot of gamers on here so I'm sure you'll find some one to talk to.
Check out the chat room as well, quicker responses. :)

It's okay I'm used to it by now. This is my third attempt on this forum, and I never seem to get replies so yeah it's nothing new. Starting to think I need to lie about myself to get any replies.
Maybe I can meet someone else that's really into games, though I kind of doubt I will meet anyone with the same interests in games as me.
I'm no good with chat rooms, I can barely handle chats with just one person. Instant messaging can be pretty intimidating with social anxiety.

Maybe, maybe not with games interest. I know we have a few games threads on here, although I'm not sure what they're listed under. Video Game Happenings, I think and Favorite Game of All Time are a couple I remember. That might be a good place to start if it's very important to you. I still play some games from time to time, but to be honest it doesn't interest me as much as it once did. Age I guess. :(

I pmd you :) maybe the fact that you are looking for someone near you discourages people from writing here

Actually, the forum is not as active as it once was, methinks. Maybe it explains part of it.
Also maybe some shyness or akwardness, who knows. Or us old people playing only old games ;-)

@kaetic Yeah I did look into that gaming section, though it seems a little dead too for the most part. Maybe I'll try starting a new thread there or something eventually. I think most people slowly shy away from games as they get older, I feel like I'm getting to the point where they aren't as interesting too and when I do play something it's usually an old game.

@Unix Thank you, I replied to you whenever you get the chance to read it. I wanted to make it sound like I would be willing to talk to anyone that would like someone to chat with and not just someone near me, though after reading it back I did a horrible job with that.

@Richard_39 Yeah I was here a couple years ago and it didn't really seem that active then, though it's much less active now. I tried to look for some of the people I met back at the time, though some deleted their accounts and after checking out their profiles others haven't been here in a long time too. I can definitely understand people not replying out of shyness. As someone that has really been struggling with social anxiety lately I know I have a horrible time talking to people, and while it isn't as bad when posting online it's still hard to do. About games, I actually prefer older games. My favorite games are all at least 10 years old or older, with most going back to the 90's. So an old school gamer would be ideal for me to talk to since I know more about older games than anything current.

Well, I don't know where you live, but I would like to know you and maybe eventually be friends. Would you mind being my e-mail friend for now? Although I'm not that much into games, but I could always try ☺️

i can chat with you. i'm 27 from Europe, with perfect english. i use discord and skype. let me know (private message me with any private details if you want, like your skype)

Latest posts

Back