I have been trying to change

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthless_loser

Reaction score
I want to make a small list of things I have been trying to do to fix my life.

• Stopped looking for fake jobs online and back to learning to code.
  • Started reading Drivers Ed e-books so I can get a temporary permit.
  • Stretching and working out in the morning.
  • Eating healthy food like fruit, vegetables, and grains.
  • Stopped playing video games.
  • Cleaning house more often.
I have been feeling better recently but I have stopped looking for employment and tried learning again.
I think I am afraid to put myself out there.
I have accounts on Upwork and Fiverr, but haven't gotten any hits yet so I am going to try and improve my profiles for those after some more research.
The sick feeling in my stomach is gone but being like that just made me too neurotic.
I wasn't really accomplishing anything but I was torturing myself thinking I was.

It is late so I will end here.

Good for you, keep up the good work. I don't know why you posted this in the depression section, this is something that is very positive. I know reading what you posted about yourself and the things you are trying to change made me feel more positive. It's nice to see someone recognize things they need to change and strive to make those changes. All the luck in the world to you, don't stop.

I have also been trying to change myself(being more involved in school, getting better grades, exercising more). However, I haven't really gotten anywhere due to me always procrastinating and basically lying to myself about starting my change. However, I haven't given up since I just have so much to lose. For example, if I just stop with doing homework, I'll let the people who I care about down for they know what I'm capable of. If I let them down, I wouldn't know what to do anymore. I have a tip that has helped me though which is to really physically write a list/checklist on what you want to accomplish in a day. It kind've motivates you during the day. Keeps you on track with all the checking or crossing off your list. Makes you feel good as it shows what you are accomplishing. But yeah, think about the most important people in your life and use it for fuel. Then, write it all down

worthless_loser said:
Hi.  Thank you for posting about your struggles and what you are trying to do to address them.
It sounds like you are rather passive about your life.  I'm that way in many areas.
I admire aggressive go-getters who just step out and do stuff and take risks.  I'm not really that way.  So I understand some of where you're coming from and I'm sorry you've been feeling so low.  Depression is awful!
I think that all the things you've done above are good ones.  Exercise kicks in endorphins and that helps motivate you.  Eating healthy gives you more energy and helps you to think more clearly.  Stopping the video games is an EXCELLENT choice.  And cleaning your house gives you a sense of accomplishment and lets you enjoy your atmosphere instead of feeling defeated.  I hope you'll keep up all of those.
I would love to see you do something else in your journey, and that is to change your name---not your real name but the name you're using on this forum.  It is self-defeating.  You are neither worthless NOR a loser.  Don't accept that for yourself!!  Words are powerful.  Don't identify yourself with words that take away your motivation.  Can you think of a name that describes yourself with more hopeful terms?  I would love to see you do that.
I'm going to pray for you right now:
"Lord Jesus, lover of our souls, thank you for creating this wonderful human being whom You love deeply, whom You want to heal.  I ask You to invade every area with Your Love and Your Truth and kick the enemy out.  Bring Your healing and Your perspective as Creator.  Bless You, Lord and thank You.  Amen."

Every healthy positive action you take in life will make you feel stronger. Good job on taking a step for change.

Thank you for the encouragement guys.

I have been stumbling the past few months but I have not given up completely.

I am just feeling down a lot.

worthless_loser said:

It sounds to me that you are doing the best you can and that's great.

I have one suggestion though. Get in touch with one of the moderators here and have them change your screen name for you because each time you log in here you see "Worthless Loser" looking back at you and that is something you are not.

worthless_loser said:
Thank you for the encouragement guys.  

I'm glad to see you're moving your life along, WL!

You only lose if you give up.  If you don't quit you'll either win or learn.....so keep moving.

BeyondShy said:
worthless_loser said:

It sounds to me that you are doing the best you can and that's great.

I have one suggestion though. Get in touch with one of the moderators here and have them change your screen name for you because each time you log in here you see "Worthless Loser" looking back at you and that is something you are not.

I agree with BeyondShy. Change your name.

The people who seem to have more going aren't better than you - they're just luckier. And some of them are actually a lot less deserving of it than you are. Instead of comparing yourself to them, try looking at those who blow up tube trains in the name of religion, or rape and kill because they enjoy inflicting pain on others. Those that bully, or steal, or commit violent acts out of rage and jealousy.

Unless you fall into any of these categories, you are definitely one of the best of humanity. I challenge you to change your name to 'best of humanity' - see what happens. You might actually start thinking it. You probably think I'm talking a load of bollocks, but try it. See what happens. :)

You’re not a worthless loser.

I’m a worthless loser.

Compared to me your up there with Einstein, Churchill and Alan Partridge (english joke) and the likes.

Even the cats got a grade 6 heart murmur round here.

I’m off to stare at my phone, must check my emails, 6 months ago I had an interesting one and today could be my lucky day.

Latest posts

Back