I am having a hard time

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle

Reaction score
*Long Post*

I had a beautiful baby girl just over 5 months ago.  I love her, and she is my world. She is the sweetest baby.. this is not about her at all.

Just before our baby was due, My boyfriend quit his job. We had some money saved in the bank, so he didn't;t look for a job right away, and I was ok with that, In fact, I liked having him home during my maternity leave.  But as the time went on, our money was running out.   We rent an apartment from my grandmother, and once the money ran out, we weren't able to pay the rent. My grandmother was forgiving for a while, and gave my boyfriend time to look for a job.   He was applying to jobs where he would make more money, but where he had no real experience, and no one was calling him back.....  so after 2 months of that, and waiting for interviews, we decided that he needed to look for jobs, lower paying, but better suited to his skill set.

During this time,  My grandmother talked to all my aunts and uncles (her kids) about how we haven't been paying full rent, or much at all the past 2 months and they got very upset.  Which I do understand.  I have lived here for 15 years, and am/was very close with my family. My Boyfriend has lived with me for almost 4 years, and he has never been a problem, we have never been a problem.

Out of the blue, the day after my Boyfriend finally finds a job, my family, without talking to me first, served my boyfriend with eviction papers and he needs to move out within 30 days. They no longer want him there.     I asked my family to give us until tax season, to save some money, and get our taxes back so that we could find another apartment, and they told me NO, and that I must also be looking to leave before the Christmas Holidays.

As, I said, I have lived here for 15 years, always been on time with my rent, never caused a problem, and my boyfriend has never caused a problem the whole time he has lived with me. We just had our baby, and I have been back to work only 2.5 months.   My family... people I thought I could trust, and lean on. People that I have done everything for, my entire life, are now making My boyfriend leave in 30 days, and me shortly behind. 

I am not saying that my boyfriend not having a job for that long was a good idea. He should have gotten a job right away, I know there is no excuse for that, and he knows that too. We messed up in that regard, and I am forever sorry, but I can't help but feel so angry and hurt by my family to blindside me with evicting my Boyfriend and then asking me to leave shortly thereafter.

They all feel its time I "leave the nest" and that someday "I will thank them for pushing this along".   Only issue is... we have no money, not enough to move right away..... and I am a mess.   My dad is willing to help us a bit,  (he is a different side of the family than I am talking about),  But I don't really know what he means by "help us". 

My family is forcing me to be a single mother, while I look for a new apartment so that me, my boyfriend and my daughter can live together again...  All I can do is cry, all I do is mope and I cannot keep it together.  I am so sad, hurt, angry, desperate....devastated, betrayed..... etc.     My head is spinning, like I said, all I do is cry. I cry at work, I cry in the car, the shower, and I cry myself to sleep.    My Doctor is so concerned by my sadness that he started treating me for Post Partum depression.

Anyway, I know my boyfriend and I are wrong, for not having paid rent the way we should have over the past couple of months,  but I feel my family is over reacting and right now, I do not feel so friendly toward them.  They still want me to come to cookouts, and Sunday dinners,  but I just do not want to socialize with them right now.

All I want is for my little family, the 3 of us to be together, and happy.  I pray to the universe that things will work out....that I will win the lottery, or someone will know of an affordable apartment for us.  Thank you for letting me vent, and get this all out of my head.   I don't know if any  you have read this all, but if you have, thank you.

I do know this is my fault because of the rent....  but now I am just lost, confused, hurt and so stressed that I have no idea what to do anymore.

Your grandmother should have kept this between the two of you and not involved other family members. 15 years without any issues and they can't forgive a couple of months, this is why dealing with family is never a good idea. If this wasn't a family matter I'd suggest looking into the landlord/tenant act considering evictions. It's not something that is easy for a landlord to do. Sounds like your family is getting involved in something they shouldn't be. Sorry you have to go through that.

Thank you Sci-Fi, I also wish she kept it between the 2 of us, and I do think they are acting unfairly. Dealing with family can be very hard.

Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate right now <3 Family is difficult to deal with in situations like this. I'll be praying for restoration and peace in your family <3 I believe the creator of the universe has great plans for your life. I'll be praying that this situation will be turned around for your good, that the right doors will open at the right time and for provision for you and your precious family <3. Peace <3

I would imagine the generation your grandmama comes from and her kids generation is one  where the man is supposed to provide for the family.  So from their perspective the logic is probably; you have the man, you have the baby, time to be a part of what all comes with that.

anywho...

I guess my suggestion would be to try to write your grandmama a nice letter.  Just explain to her that you understand where she is coming from and that you don't expect it; but, would like to request 6 or so months just to set things in order and figure out a plan.  6 months seems fair.  It's not so much that you can take advantage of it, and it's not so much you don't have time to figure things out a bit.  

Just be like, "hey gram grams, I wrote this nice letter for you and put it in a nice envelope.  Thank-you for all you've done for me and thank-you for trying to push me, even if I may not like it."

Also... if you love your bae and your bae loves you...  You have to say to him, "bae *pat the couch next to you to motion him to sit next to you*, come here, sit beside me."  And then say, "you know I love you bae.  I love your face.  Some times I want to eat your face.  But now is not that time bae, maybe later.  I wanted to tell you bae, that you are my bae and I need to you to do the manly fatherly type stuff.  I need you to earn money.  So please bae, understand your face is like a buffet, but right now, my needs are like hungry bird that needs to be fed.  Bae, I need you to feed my bird, with money.  I need you to be a fatherly type of man man.  Then your bae will be like, "honey dearest, i will feed your needs bird with my love money, and we will be happy together.  Everything will be okay."

Anyway, hopefully that was somewhat funny...?  Good luck :/  Try writing a letter.  Maybe write a letter to your guy, too?  Get those feels out. *shrug* :) It'll be okay.  Also, not trying to make light of your situation.  That's pretty heavy stuff.  Sometimes a little humor helps a bit.

Danielle said:
*Long Post*

I had a beautiful baby girl just over 5 months ago.  I love her, and she is my world. She is the sweetest baby.. this is not about her at all.

Just before our baby was due, My boyfriend quit his job. We had some money saved in the bank, so he didn't;t look for a job right away, and I was ok with that, In fact, I liked having him home during my maternity leave.  But as the time went on, our money was running out.   We rent an apartment from my grandmother, and once the money ran out, we weren't able to pay the rent. My grandmother was forgiving for a while, and gave my boyfriend time to look for a job.   He was applying to jobs where he would make more money, but where he had no real experience, and no one was calling him back.....  so after 2 months of that, and waiting for interviews, we decided that he needed to look for jobs, lower paying, but better suited to his skill set.

During this time,  My grandmother talked to all my aunts and uncles (her kids) about how we haven't been paying full rent, or much at all the past 2 months and they got very upset.  Which I do understand.  I have lived here for 15 years, and am/was very close with my family. My Boyfriend has lived with me for almost 4 years, and he has never been a problem, we have never been a problem.

Out of the blue, the day after my Boyfriend finally finds a job, my family, without talking to me first, served my boyfriend with eviction papers and he needs to move out within 30 days. They no longer want him there.     I asked my family to give us until tax season, to save some money, and get our taxes back so that we could find another apartment, and they told me NO, and that I must also be looking to leave before the Christmas Holidays.

As, I said, I have lived here for 15 years, always been on time with my rent, never caused a problem, and my boyfriend has never caused a problem the whole time he has lived with me. We just had our baby, and I have been back to work only 2.5 months.   My family... people I thought I could trust, and lean on. People that I have done everything for, my entire life, are now making My boyfriend leave in 30 days, and me shortly behind. 

I am not saying that my boyfriend not having a job for that long was a good idea. He should have gotten a job right away, I know there is no excuse for that, and he knows that too. We messed up in that regard, and I am forever sorry, but I can't help but feel so angry and hurt by my family to blindside me with evicting my Boyfriend and then asking me to leave shortly thereafter.

They all feel its time I "leave the nest" and that someday "I will thank them for pushing this along".   Only issue is... we have no money, not enough to move right away..... and I am a mess.   My dad is willing to help us a bit,  (he is a different side of the family than I am talking about),  But I don't really know what he means by "help us". 

My family is forcing me to be a single mother, while I look for a new apartment so that me, my boyfriend and my daughter can live together again...  All I can do is cry, all I do is mope and I cannot keep it together.  I am so sad, hurt, angry, desperate....devastated, betrayed..... etc.     My head is spinning, like I said, all I do is cry. I cry at work, I cry in the car, the shower, and I cry myself to sleep.    My Doctor is so concerned by my sadness that he started treating me for Post Partum depression.

Anyway, I know my boyfriend and I are wrong, for not having paid rent the way we should have over the past couple of months,  but I feel my family is over reacting and right now, I do not feel so friendly toward them.  They still want me to come to cookouts, and Sunday dinners,  but I just do not want to socialize with them right now.

All I want is for my little family, the 3 of us to be together, and happy.  I pray to the universe that things will work out....that I will win the lottery, or someone will know of an affordable apartment for us.  Thank you for letting me vent, and get this all out of my head.   I don't know if any  you have read this all, but if you have, thank you.

I do know this is my fault because of the rent....  but now I am just lost, confused, hurt and so stressed that I have no idea what to do anymore.

Lifeforall. Dear I have read your story. You really have a hard time. I read the reply which have already received. What I have for you is. First be patience stay cool and clam thought it is difficult. if you will be in tention you will be more depressed. Time is not always same it is changed. So it  is a phase which will passed soon. 2ndly you are expecting mircle  it could happen. if you read these lines. Before said:
Danielle said:
*Long Post*

Hephzibah, thank you for you for your kind words. I appreciate it very much.

Tropical Starfish, you ALWAYS know how to make me smile. Thank you, I needed that. I wish I could write to my grandmother, but the decision has been made by other family members, eviction papers have been served.... etc... My Boyfriend has found a job and has started working, so that is a good thing. We are looking for a place, and hopefully something will come up soon. Thank you for your response, it means a lot to me.

Lifeforall, I will try to say that.... thank you.

Lifeforall. Dear I have read your story. You really have a hard time. I read the reply which have already received. What I have for you is. First be patience stay cool and clam thought it is difficult. if you will be in tention you will be more depressed. Time is not always same it is changed. So it is a phase which will passed soon. 2ndly you are expecting mircle it could happen. if you read these lines. Before, reading these lines take bath please. I assure you. you will get the solution.LA-HOW-LA WLA- QU-WA-T A ILLA BILLA 100 TIMES A DAY. if you can read more than 100 its too better.If you dont understand this line. you may whats app me ur number i will send you voice. +968-99691985

Latest posts

Back