Lonely husband

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jst4sumchat

Reaction score
Hi  I'm looking for a woman that is interested in chatting with me. I ride a bike often. I'm married but my wife has severe depression and doesn't spend time with me and when she does it is because she is angry about something. Anyway it would be nice to talk with someone.  Sorry for ranting. Bill

jst4sumchat said:
Hi  I'm looking for a woman that is interested in chatting with me. I ride a bike often. I'm married but my wife has severe depression and doesn't spend time with me and when she does it is because she is angry about something. Anyway it would be nice to talk with someone.  Sorry for ranting. Bill
Hi Bill, why is your wife depress? I’m just curious, what is she angry about?

I think you should be real careful. Personally, I find it easier to talk to women than men but I'm married so I won't spend time with a woman one on one. When you put yourself in that situation you often start to think with the wrong part of your anatomy.

This is a time in her life that she needs you, through sickness and health.

For once I agree with everyone above, and kudos to your morally appropriate responses.

I'm sorry Jst4sumchat that you're in such a tough relationship situation.  But, you have a critical choice to make here - before carelessly pursuing your idea. If you love your wife and believe in the sanctity of marriage, you must remain faithful and supportive during her hard times.  In fact, it is your unconditional love that may sustain her through her hard times more than anything else - or more than you'll ever know.

If you seek out new relationships alone with other women, particularly ones offering shared interests, good company, and emotional sympathy and support, you will likely destroy your marriage completely.  You can't help the home situation by seeking something new and better elsewhere. You'll give up on the former to focus on the latter.

If you want to abandon your wife and work towards a divorce, then go with your plan.  If you want to love and be loved the way a married couple should be, then you need to remain loyal, loving, and supportive towards her.  It may be a life long test, but wouldn't you appreciate the same if the tables were turned? 

I understand your need to get some relief outside of the house, but you can find buddies for that; not other women.

Well said The Lonely Iowan and Sir Joseph.

In regards to the original poster, maybe there is something you can do to get your wife to spend more time with you, despite her severe depression. Google "Mort Fertel marriage fitness" and you should find some free articles written by the marriage counseling professional Mort Fertel that show you how simple things like saying I love you every night regardless of whether or not you're tired or had a horrible day can make a big difference over time.

When she comes to you angry, ask her what you can do to make her feel better. Her answers might surprise you.

Just because she is behaving a certain way now, doesn't mean she will always behave that way. Have some hope that she will change her ways.

Latest posts

Back