no friends and dealing with parents seperation

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mate

Reaction score
So my parents separated at the start of the year, and I was dealing with it pretty good. I had a girlfriend, and enough friends around me to feel liked and supported. Fast forward to now, I have about one or two people who actually talk to me, and I lost my girlfriend. My parents situation is becoming increasingly harder to deal with, as well the stresses of the latter years of school, and it doesn't help that there isn't really anyone around me to support me. I have to watch those few friends I have go to parties, whilst I sit in my room, uninvited, watching YouTube to make myself feel better. I have tried talking with people, to create new friendships, but everytime I try, I get rejected pretty quickly. I just don't know what to do, and everyday just seems to be worse than the day before.

Hello Junior you are no more alone. i would like to be your friend but how i can reach you i am from sultanate of oman. do write me about yourself in detail my mail address is [email protected]. hope to hear from you soon. have a nice time said:
So my parents separated at the start of the year, and I was dealing with it pretty good. I had a girlfriend, and enough friends around me to feel liked and supported. Fast forward to now, I have about one or two people who actually talk to me, and I lost my girlfriend. My parents situation is becoming increasingly harder to deal with, as well the stresses of the latter years of school, and it doesn't help that there isn't really anyone around me to support me. I have to watch those few friends I have go to parties, whilst I sit in my room, uninvited, watching YouTube to make myself feel better. I have tried talking with people, to create new friendships, but everytime I try, I get rejected pretty quickly. I just don't know what to do, and everyday just seems to be worse than the day before.

Hello Junior you are no more alone. i would like to be your friend but how i can reach you i am from sultanate of oman. do write me about yourself in detail my mail address is [email protected]. hope to hear from you soon. have a nice time

Hi mate welcome to the forum, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. My parents split when I was 13 and they were both legit C words at the time, putting me in the middle and taking their anger out on me. Then in 8th grade and most of high school I did not have many friends at some points none at all.

Eventually I think it does get better, you'll still have some ups and downs but you'll get stronger and learn how to deal with things better.

I'm sorry you have to go through this hard part in your life but there's a Winston Church quote that says "When you're going through Hell, keep going" or something like that.

The best advice I think I can give is just to keep going, don't give up and focus on your studies. Study for tests and do your homework and try to be a great student, this can help to keep your mind off things. find some hobbies such as learning a new language or musical instrument, or do sudoku. Maybe join some extra circular activities. Even if you don't make any friends they can be fun. In high school I did improv, cross country and even bowling to get out of gym class, it was pretty fun, I pretty much just got to play 2 free games of bowling each night.

Boredom is the enemy so try to keep yourself busy. If you'd like to message me you can send me a PM, I'm not a bot I promise :)

I remember when my parents separated at 12, and it is a pretty tough thing to watch. Hopefully it's at least civil. IMO, even if you're not making new friends you might enjoy clubs where people can just go hang out after school. Either that or something close by in your city like book clubs, game stores, etc. If home is stressful having a sanctuary to go to for some peace of mind helps a lot.

Latest posts

Back