What are you dreams/goals in life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbows

Reaction score
It's been a long, long time since I have started a thread. 

I for one finally achieved something that I was working on for a long time, but sadly, this "victory" is being overshadowed by a huge health issue that's being thrown my way. Thus, all of the work that I had been doing to get out of my depression, has crumbled as well. 

So, I made this thread to ask you guys what your dreams and goals are in life? I currently have none. All I do nowadays is lay in bed and cry because I feel so sad and angry all the time about an uncontrollable situation. I honestly have nothing I feel excited about anymore and honestly I long for the times where I'm just asleep or watching television with my boyfriend. Sadly this causes my family members to be mad at me and spout the most vicious things you can think off my way.

Tldr: I'm depressed and want to be inspired by your dreams and goals in life. What are they?

Hi Rainbow

Human is not belong to planet known as earth. Human is belong to the planet which is away from seven skies. My goal is to spend a very extra ordinary life which totally different from earth life where every thing is different in all respect of life. Where every thing is free where lot of love exists.

To be financially free enough to do whatever I feel like doing without feeling guilty or the anxiety over the fact that I should be being productive because bills.

To crush my enemies, see them driven before me and to hear the lamentations of their women.

;-)

Seriously, to live decently and retire healthy. No other goals.

To live out the 25 or 30 years I have left contentedly, not unhappily like it's been so far. To be more glad than I am regretful at the end of each day. To finally be free of my dysfunctional family....for whom I've been the fixer of other peoples' problems for them.

Rainbows said:
It's been a long, long time since I have started a thread. 

I for one finally achieved something that I was working on for a long time, but sadly, this "victory" is being overshadowed by a huge health issue that's being thrown my way. Thus, all of the work that I had been doing to get out of my depression, has crumbled as well. 

So, I made this thread to ask you guys what your dreams and goals are in life? I currently have none. All I do nowadays is lay in bed and cry because I feel so sad and angry all the time about an uncontrollable situation. I honestly have nothing I feel excited about anymore and honestly I long for the times where I'm just asleep or watching television with my boyfriend. Sadly this causes my family members to be mad at me and spout the most vicious things you can think off my way.

Tldr: I'm depressed and want to be inspired by your dreams and goals in life. What are they?

First, so sorry for the health issue and depression.  It can often seem that just when life is going good, suddenly there's a curveball thrown at us.  We sometimes question and doubt, wishing there was some quick fix.  Again, sorry you are having to deal with this.

Second, my dream is to one day be the director of a nonprofit agency.  I currently work for one and hope to one day take over as director.  I've been in the field for twenty-five years and continue learning and growing towards this goal.

Lastly, I hope you find relief, physically and mentally and are able to get back to what you achieved.  Prayers for healing, peace and wisdom.

Note: the following dreams are just dreams. Idk if I actually stand a chance of making any of these a reality.
1. Fill entire house with art I made myself. Mural on every wall.
2. Tour the country that I live in (USA) and climb all the mountains.
3. Identify special person(s) who will climb all the mountains with me.
4. When I am too old to go hiking: read as many books as I want.

1. Be debt-free
2. Travel the world
3. Have a toned body
These are my current dreams. Helps me to not to think too much into the future.

A victory is a victory!

I'm not traditionally ambitious in terms of wanting a big house, a boat on a lake, a prestigious career, International travel, etc, so it's hard to say definitively what I want 5 or 10 years from now. At one point I wanted to publish a novel, then I started to realize that I didn't really enjoy writing -- so would it be better to continue to see it through, or quit? I chose to quit and focus on other activities instead.

Right now I do a lot of painting and I'm thinking I want to make it a goal to become good enough to donate or sell a painting, even on an amateur level.

to be a sweet breakdancer. I started at twenty eight, a little late if you ask me. at least i can kinda do the back spin and i can do the indian step so we're getting somewhere.

One dream I have is to meet good people who care about me and I care about them. Most people these days in my opinion have shallow relationships, you are useful to them, and once you've run out of usage, like an old car they throw you away.

lonelyfairy said:
My dream is to not live past 30 years old.

If your dream comes true then you've got what.....5 or 6 years left for the rest of your life?   That's missing out on a lot of chances to get things right.

constant stranger said:
lonelyfairy said:

If your dream comes true then you've got what.....5 or 6 years left for the rest of your life?   That's missing out on a lot of chances to get things right.

You're right but I'm just so tired of everything..

lonelyfairy said:
constant stranger said:
lonelyfairy said:

why. so. depressed?

Azariah said:
lonelyfairy said:
constant stranger said:
lonelyfairy said:

why. so. depressed?

Long story...

lonelyfairy said:
Azariah said:
lonelyfairy said:
constant stranger said:
lonelyfairy said:

why. so. depressed?

Long story...

I hope you find good reason to be more hopeful by the time you're 30 years old.

Latest posts

Back