What are you dreams/goals in life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
constant stranger said:
lonelyfairy said:
Azariah said:
lonelyfairy said:
constant stranger said:
If your dream comes true then you've got what.....5 or 6 years left for the rest of your life?   That's missing out on a lot of chances to get things right.

You're right but I'm just so tired of everything..

why. so. depressed?

Long story...

I hope you find good reason to be more hopeful by the time you're 30 years old.

Thank you, I appreciate it...

My goal is to invent that elusive time machine, turn the clock back many years and put right all those things I've left wrong back then.

Fat chance of that heppening me thinks. So instead I'll just plough on making sure I don't make the same mistakes again. And look forward not back (again, fat chance of that happening.  :(

PaulE said:
My goal is to invent that elusive time machine, turn the clock back many years and put right all those things I've left wrong back then.

Fat chance of that heppening me thinks. So instead I'll just plough on making sure I don't make the same mistakes again. And look forward not back (again, fat chance of that happening.  :(

Well, you can't. Because if you invent a time machine and go back to change your life, your life will be different....thus eliminating your need to build a time machine....but then you'll do all those wrongs, thus creating a time machine to go back...but then... *universe explodes*
;-)
Better to plow on indeed. You can't right the pasr, but maybe today we can all help tomorrow be a little bit better for everyone. That's a noble goal.

Richard_39 said:
You can't right the pasr, but maybe today we can all help tomorrow be a little bit better for everyone. That's a noble goal.
With a talk like that, you could try running for an office :>

As for the goals, wow, I thought I was going to be original, but that's a no-go, since apprently someone already did set the 30yo milestone. What are the freaking odds ...
Well, in that case ... ermmm ... ehhhh ... I want a bloody good burger, preferably BEFORE the mortician turns me into a marshmallow.

X-1 Alpha
Richard_39 said:
You can't right the pasr, but maybe today we can all help tomorrow be a little bit better for everyone. That's a noble goal.
With a talk like that, you could try running for an office :>

As for the goals, wow, I thought I was going to be original, but that's a no-go, since apprently someone already did set the 30yo milestone. What are the freaking odds ...
Well, in that case ... ermmm ... ehhhh ... I want a bloody good burger, preferably BEFORE the mortician turns me into a marshmallow.

HELL no lol.
I'd end up getting fired sfter punching 20 politicians and getting my ass kicked by local MPs lol

I'm a fifty something lady...I'm on disability. I gave up for a long time. But I somehow clawed my way back up and found some goals.

My goal is home ownership. Plain and simple.

I am with a man right now who told me on two occasions that my dream was a "pipe dream" and that I was too pathetic to ever achieve my dream. I cried and cried. Why would someone smash your dream to smithereens like that? And that begs the question...why am I still with him? Long story.

But...I secretly still have my dream of home ownership alive in my mind. I try EVERY day to move towards that goal and I hope to achieve it FINALLY next spring with or without my abusive boyfriend - hopefully I will have the strength to reach that goal WITHOUT him.

Keep looking for your passion, your dream...even in the darkest parts of the forest, there is light somewhere.

Good on you Miriam. The important part in your post is the "without the abusive boyfriend". It sounds to me that you'd be better off without him - but as you say, its a long story and you will have your reasons for sticking with him.

PaulE said:
Good on you Miriam.  The important part in your post is the "without the abusive boyfriend".   It sounds to me that you'd be better off without him - but as you say, its a long story and you will have your reasons for sticking with him.

Thanks PaulE.  The reasons are mostly financial and I hope they will be resolved in the spring. I'm keeping my dream alive though. I hope everyone has some kind of dream or goal they follow to make themselves happy or happier.

I always tend to dream about stuff that ain’t gonna happen. 
Like wanting all of me to just dissolve into the air, a million pieces just blending into nothingness. Dream of going back in time and pulling the trigger on a horrible person. Or waking up one morning and suddenly knowing who I am. To have the strength to stand alone. 
Listening to a song: like a bird in a world with no trees. 
That’s how I feel like now, exhausted of struggling to keeping my body in the air. I don’t have the strength to have goals. 
So, I will keep on dreaming.

The thing about dreams is, if I achieve one, I am just gonna think of another. I'll keep coming up with these objectives that I think completing would give me happiness. That happiness is short lived, at best. There would be no end in sight, no relief or respite.

So I guess my dream would be contentment. To be, not happy but, accepting of who I am and where I am in life. To face the world without any expectations, dealing with things as they come with a clear worry free head. 

No problems, just challenges. No mistakes, just lessons. Always moving forward.

I live without goals.

My dreams died under pressure of hardships.

When I was a kid and a teenager I had dreams: I believed in them, I lived for them.

But during my growing I lost my dreams.

Now I am already 28 years old: it is too late to have dreams.

I am tired and emptied: how can I have dreams?

I have no special goals also. My aims and interests are small and obvious: to pay my debts, to buy a new computer, to read a new book, to learn a language (programming or human). But no big goals anymore. Nothing global. Nothing romantic.

To give my daughter away at her wedding and make my speech......
To live to see my fiftieth anniversary with my wife......
Just to see my kids happy and secure in life.....

Saulgoodmanfan said:
One dream I have is to meet good people who care about me and I care about them. Most people these days in my opinion have shallow relationships, you are useful to them, and once you've run out of usage, like an old car they throw you away.
My dream in to meet a partner who care about me and I care about him.

Only one.
To have my soul mate tell me she wants me back.
To be able to wake up with her every morning.
To grow old with her.
It's not a dream/goal.
It jus has to be.

Tealeaf said:
A victory is a victory!

I'm not traditionally ambitious in terms of wanting a big house, a boat on a lake, a prestigious career, International travel, etc, so it's hard to say definitively what I want 5 or 10 years from now. At one point I wanted to publish a novel, then I started to realize that I didn't really enjoy writing -- so would it be better to continue to see it through, or quit? I chose to quit and focus on other activities instead.

Right now I do a lot of painting and I'm thinking I want to make it a goal to become good enough to donate or sell a painting, even on an amateur level.

You should pair up with a writer, so then you can provide the artwork for the story, is what I think. Seems like a good fit if you like the art side more. :p

i have no hopes or dreams just that I’m not forced to live this miserable life. I’m just existing at this point

Latest posts

Back