Frustrated with dating sites

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt L

Reaction score
It makes me feel so demoralized that I've been using 3 different dating sites, Tinder in particular for a little over a year now and I've met only one girl and that date went nowhere. I've liked roughly 50 girls last week and not one match. I'm lucky to get 2 matches a month and its a stretch if they even respond to me. I send girls messages on Plenty of Fish and OKCupid and get no response. I'm a decent, average looking guy. I have a job, car and a place to live, all of which mentioned in my descriptions. Its not like I'm only after super models. I'm not upset that I haven't had a dozen girlfriends within a years time. It just upsets me that with all this time and effort it takes a miracle to find a date or just have a text conversation with someone.

In b4 Callie comes in to tell you you're not trying hard enough.

Your experience is typical for the average man. Try not to let it get you down.

Obviously you don't see these women as people. They can sense that.

Also, stop whining.

(/s)

Matt L said:
It makes me feel so demoralized that I've been using 3 different dating sites, Tinder in particular for a little over a year now and I've met only one girl and that date went nowhere. I've liked roughly 50 girls last week and not one match. I'm lucky to get 2 matches a month and its a stretch if they even respond to me. I send girls messages on Plenty of Fish and OKCupid and get no response. I'm a decent, average looking guy. I have a job, car and a place to live, all of which mentioned in my descriptions. Its not like I'm only after super models. I'm not upset that I haven't had a dozen girlfriends within a years time. It just upsets me that with all this time and effort it takes a miracle to find a date or just have a text conversation with someone.

Keep at it. Eventually, someone will take notice of you. I'd probably like someone with that description, and I'm certain there are other women who think like I do. Not everyone is supposed to automatically like us at first glance. I'd rather wait and gain someone who is genuinely interested in me.

Matt L said:

I'm sorry Matt that sounds very frustrating. I don't have any tips for how to find anyone. But hopefully it's ok if I offer some friendly encouragement to keep trying? I hope things look up for you soon.

Ok. I will say it again. Let me tell you something about Tinder. Don't bother with that vile sespit of an app. I've had some good matches. Offers to date and made some long term lady friends over the year or two ive used that thing.

Then. I had even some superlikes which i was surprised by.... Who then unmatched me lol. If that doesn't tell you how fcked up people are on there. I dont know what will.

And every time after using it for a few weeks. I will never ever get another match ever again unless i delete my account and start again. Stay away from it period. The app has more bugs in it than starship troopers!!

tinder is not a dating app. Its a joke. Ive known some really good looking lads who ive worked with personally who haven't even had any luck on that shallow thing. Its no better than applying for a role in Love Island. Im not that ungrateful that ive had no luck on dating apps. Because i have had more offers than a lot of people do, considering i am probably average and below. Thats quite something i am grateful for. And even though the majority of them didnt really do anything for me and i wasn't really attracted to any of them. At least I had something. Some people never have a single person in their whole lives look twice at them. So am not gonna be upset about the fact it didnt work out for me.

I have had some relationships with women who i was very attracted to. but they were crazy psychopaths and dam right dangerous. Does this mean all women are evil and screwed up in the brain? Most likely no. This was probably more down to my poor choice in women. I have turned a good few of them away over the years. Im done with that drama.

Over the past few months. I have started to go out again and had time to do some evaluations which I have listed below. I went clubbing a few week ago and have acquired some of the following points and activities.

1. I went clubbing with a lady friend who i randomly asked from FB. She said yes. Nothing happened. I didnt care and I wasnt really looking for it to. I was more than happy she went out with me.

2. She was never interested in me that way for the last 10 years.

3. She thinks she maybe interested now. But im not.

4. I actually got attention and chatted up by two other women when i was out.

What things have i changed over the past few months are listed below.

1. I have finally found an image that I think suits me best

2. I have found clothes that look and suit me best

3. I have found a hairstyle that I think suits me best.

Its all very well to ***** about nooone being interested in you. But to be fair as Callie keeps saying. Have you tried the old fashioned way and actually started going out? I guarantee you the answer is definitely no. So dont expect to much from a shallow pit of photo generic online internet apps to work for you. And from what ive said. Dont be to pissed when you get nothing from them. Even the good looking guys I have as witnesses dont have much luck on them.

So many people are under the illusion that everyone else is getting laid from those apps apart from you guys.

THEY'RE NOT!

I was kinda pissed for a long time this girl in particular was never interested in me. And looking back now. I dont dam well blame her. The fact she is now has brought a lot of things to my attention how i was in the past. And from what i used to look like.

1. I was underweight

2. I was out of shape

3. I dressed like a chav

4. I wore clothes that didnt fot me

5. I wore clothes that didnt suit me.

6. my hair probably looked like I was homeless

7. I probably didnt know what the meaning of shaving was

8. Ive spent the last 5 or so years learning how to look after my teeth and have completely reversed gum disease.

So my verdict at least on myself. Is that if I knew or cared over the past 10 years what the basics or hygiene. Grooming and knew what proper clothes that fitted me were. I would have probably had a lot more luck. A lot more dates and would p[probably be even settled down by now when society was much less shallow and people were far more sociable. But at nearly not far from 40. Its just all to little to late now. And im really past the point of even caring anymore.

The only things I've heard about dating sites all center around "they suck". They provide a lot of choices you wouldn't bump into at work, but I don't think they're that great at starting a connection because it's all going on behind a screen. No one gets to judge based off someone's voice, mannerisms, laugh, quirks, time spent together, etc.

Secretly, I think half or more of the people on dating sites aren't even looking to date. It's just "the thing" to do, they're mad at their partner and looking at other options, they broke up recently, or they're bored and want to chat.

I used to meet guys on dating sites who would lead with how they had a job, car, etc, and I thought it was awkward (in case that's you). Most adults, unless they're a late bloomer or have some health struggles, do. Actual leeches are pretty rare. Doesn't say much about how people would get along.

pad79 said:
Ok. I will say it again. Let me tell you something about Tinder. Don't bother with that vile sespit of an app. I've had some good matches. Offers to date and made some long term lady friends over the year or two ive used that thing.

Then. I had even some superlikes which i was surprised by.... Who then unmatched me lol. If that doesn't tell you how fcked up people are on there. I dont know what will.

And every time after using it for a few weeks. I will never ever get another match ever again unless i delete my account and start again. Stay away from it period. The app has more bugs in it than starship troopers!!

tinder is not a dating app. Its a joke. Ive known some really good looking lads who ive worked with personally who haven't even had any luck on that shallow thing. Its no better than applying for a role in Love Island. Im not that ungrateful that ive had no luck on dating apps. Because i have had more offers than a lot of people do, considering i am probably average and below. Thats quite something i am grateful for. And even though the majority of them didnt really do anything for me and i wasn't really attracted to any of them. At least I had something. Some people never have a single person in their whole lives look twice at them. So am not gonna be upset about the fact it didnt work out for me.

I have had some relationships with women who i was very attracted to. but they were crazy psychopaths and dam right dangerous. Does this mean all women are evil and screwed up in the brain? Most likely no. This was probably more down to my poor choice in women. I have turned a good few of them away over the years. Im done with that drama.

Over the past few months. I have started to go out again and had time to do some evaluations which I have listed below. I went clubbing a few week ago and have acquired some of the following points and activities.

1. I went clubbing with a lady friend who i randomly asked from FB. She said yes. Nothing happened. I didnt care and I wasnt really looking for it to. I was more than happy she went out with me.

Its all very well to ***** about nooone being interested in you. But to be fair as Callie keeps saying. Have you tried the old fashioned way and actually started going out? I guarantee you the answer is definitely no. So dont expect to much from a shallow pit of photo generic online internet apps to work for you. And from what ive said. Dont be to pissed when you get nothing from them. Even the good looking guys I have as witnesses dont have much luck on them.

So many people are under the illusion that everyone else is getting laid from those apps apart from you guys.

THEY'RE NOT!

I was kinda pissed for a long time this girl in particular was never interested in me. And looking back now. I dont dam well blame her. The fact she is now has brought a lot of things to my attention how i was in the past. And from what i used to look like.

1. I was underweight

2. I was out of shape

3. I dressed like a chav

8. Ive spent the last 5 or so years learning how to look after my teeth and have completely reversed gum disease.

So my verdict at least on myself. Is that if I knew or cared over the past 10 years what the basics or hygiene. Grooming and knew what proper clothes that fitted me were. I would have probably had a lot more luck. A lot more dates and would p[probably be even settled down by now when society was much less shallow and people were far more sociable. But at nearly not far from 40. Its just all to little to late now. And im really past the point of even caring anymore.

I've heard this a million times.  'The girls dont want you because you need self improvement'. 

I did the self improvement.  

It didnt help.

michael2 said:
pad79 said:

THEY'RE NOT!

1. I was underweight

2. I was out of shape

3. I dressed like a chav

I've heard this a million times.  'The girls dont want you because you need self improvement'. 

I did the self improvement.  

It didnt help.

Ok. Well its made me feel a whole lot better about myself when im out on the town. Which means. That's helped me.

What have you done to improve things? and how many times do you now hit the town on a weekend?

AmyTheTemperamental said:
Richard_39 said:
TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:
Girls don't do self-improvement.

Then wtf have I been doing for the last 6 years?

Laundry.

Now get me a sandwich!

:D

There won't be any bacon on that sandwich.

But there might be a sausage on it if he doesn't be careful  :club:

Yeah. With online dating apps I stand zero chance. Real life, same except I feel like I have a slightly higher chance, like .0001% because you can get to know them better aside from a dating profile. But even that I fail at. Oh well. So I get where you're coming from. Being alone is hard especially without friends or a significant other.

Latest posts

Back