My mom used to drink a lot

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthless_loser

Reaction score
I feel like honeysuckle and talking about stuff makes me feel better so here I am.

Both my parents drink beer.  My dad still drinks every night but my mom stopped and only drinks when she works all day and is in pain, or if she gets really mad about something.
She used to drink far more often.  She would drink so much that she couldn't stand up and walk.  So I would have to help her get up and walk around like go to the bathroom.

Sometimes she would get suicidal and start screaming at the top of her lungs at my Father.  In some instances, she would try to kill herself and I would have to hold her back.  Other times she would fall on the ground and I would have to help her get up. 

Once, I hugged her really hard and started sobbing into her shoulder.  There are guns in the house but they are locked up.  She would either look for the key or try to get knives from the kitchen and cut her wrists.  Sometimes she would hit me to get me to let her go when I had to hold her back.  It didn't leave marks but I feel it is worth mentioning.

My mom is doing better now.  She only drinks once in a while, and not to that degree anymore.  She says she would stop altogether if my dad would stop bringing it to the house. 

But he never will as he has no interest in doing it.

worthless_loser said:
I feel like honeysuckle and talking about stuff makes me feel better so here I am.

Both my parents drink beer.  My dad still drinks every night but my mom stopped and only drinks when she works all day and is in pain, or if she gets really mad about something.
She used to drink far more often.  She would drink so much that she couldn't stand up and walk.  So I would have to help her get up and walk around like go to the bathroom.

Sometimes she would get suicidal and start screaming at the top of her lungs at my Father.  In some instances, she would try to kill herself and I would have to hold her back.  Other times she would fall on the ground and I would have to help her get up. 

Once, I hugged her really hard and started sobbing into her shoulder.  There are guns in the house but they are locked up.  She would either look for the key or try to get knives from the kitchen and cut her wrists.  Sometimes she would hit me to get me to let her go when I had to hold her back.  It didn't leave marks but I feel it is worth mentioning.

My mom is doing better now.  She only drinks once in a while, and not to that degree anymore.  She says she would stop altogether if my dad would stop bringing it to the house. 

But he never will as he has no interest in doing it.

Hi Dear

I read your situation its really worst. But at the same time I am looking you are doing very well. Never giveup. One day your mom will be fine. Can you bring you mom on this fourm so that I can talk to her to know reason of her depression etc.

Take very good care of your mom and of you.

Hugs...I am on my way to work, so don’t have time to write more. Just wanted to say ‘Keep Smiling’ - I think you have a very good head on your shoulders and can get beyond your circumstances. Know there are people rooting for you - strangers like me, who only want the best for you and to see you get on your feet and live a happy, productive and fulfilling life. Glad your mom has beaten back the troubles in her life a little. Hang in there! 😊💞

Thank you for the support it makes me feel better.

Sorry I took so long to reply.

I don't want my mom to know I am talking to people on the internet. She is paranoid and thinks I will get my identity stolen. She also doesn't want people knowing about her problems. I wish she would get help but she won't

worthless_loser said:
Thank you for the support it makes me feel better.

Sorry I took so long to reply.

I don't want my mom to know I am talking to people on the internet.  She is paranoid and thinks I will get my identity stolen.  She also doesn't want people knowing about her problems.  I wish she would get help but she won't

Your family needs help but probably more than you can provide and you need to take care of yourself.
You'd be better off living somewhere else.
Get your drivers license, find some kind of paying job and save enough money to move out of your parents house.  If it was me I'd be looking at some form of shared living quarters.....

Latest posts

Back