I have other feelings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelyIsaac

Reaction score
Hello,

I have this thing that I like to collect photos which give me a sad feeling, but I like it.
I do have so many of them, I like to search them, collect them, share them and watch them, but almost nobody likes them when I share them and they think that I am crazy.

I have no friends and my life is pretty lonely, I need some advice on what I can do, I am 17 years old, money is not the problem, but friends.
I don't like being alone every day, all day, I collect these photos and it makes me feel better.

Does anyone know who I can share the same interests with or what I can do?

I've uploaded some of them for you to watch them, please don't get mad :c

(EDIT) I've added some less-disturbing photos, what do you think?

Thanks for your time :)

The first set was spooky lol. But the second set is cool. A couple of years ago, at the height of my loneliness, my tumblr was full of sad, melancholic images. It reflects your feelings and you feel a tad bit understood perhaps (I used to).

If you wanted to bond with someone over this, that might be tricky. I guess the other person would have to feel lonely as well and perhaps they are not as easily found in circles to befriend. 

You could try sharing on insta. I've noticed some people have befriended frequent commenters of their images. Or tumblr. My ex made serious friends off his.

Ultimately, wanting a better social life does mean making certain lifestyle changes. You might consider volunteering/meet up groups/joining a class on photography or even get a part time job where you could meet people.

Sometimes this change includes your appearance. I ditched my eccentric style for a more casual one and funny more people approached me after. So there is that.

Sometimes one has to work on one's personality as well. Too  much self criticising, negative talk wears down even the nicest person. 

You will have to deal with a lot of not so cool people on this quest as well, but don't let that discourage you. I changed a lot of things about myself amd continue to do so and I have some neat friends now. My principles are still the same, I guess the shell is just different. 

Good luck and let us know how it goes for you!

Amelia said:
The first set was spooky lol. But the second set is cool. A couple of years ago, at the height of my loneliness, my tumblr was full of sad, melancholic images. It reflects your feelings and you feel a tad bit understood perhaps (I used to).

If you wanted to bond with someone over this, that might be tricky. I guess the other person would have to feel lonely as well and perhaps they are not as easily found in circles to befriend. 

You could try sharing on insta. I've noticed some people have befriended frequent commenters of their images. Or tumblr. My ex made serious friends off his.

Ultimately, wanting a better social life does mean making certain lifestyle changes. You might consider volunteering/meet up groups/joining a class on photography or even get a part time job where you could meet people.

Sometimes this change includes your appearance. I ditched my eccentric style for a more casual one and funny more people approached me after. So there is that.

Sometimes one has to work on one's personality as well. Too  much self criticising, negative talk wears down even the nicest person. 

You will have to deal with a lot of not so cool people on this quest as well, but don't let that discourage you. I changed a lot of things about myself amd continue to do so and I have some neat friends now. My principles are still the same, I guess the shell is just different. 

Good luck and let us know how it goes for you!

Hello Amelia,

Thank you a lot for your comment!

I've tried working in stores (mainly for social contact with others and not for the money) but I didn't like it, I was a cashier, only saying hello and bye, nothing special.

I tried to meet up, but most of the people judge you on your look, I always wear tracksuits () but that doesn't look professional and I don't like to wear jeans.

I also don't like to be with people who smoke or drink, I don't hate them, but I prefer not to be with them.

There are so many things I don't like about others, and I only see the negative side of everything, that's why I am always alone, I always walk alone at night, and all I see are happy people being together, and that makes me realize how lonely I am, it's my own fault, I cannot communicate properly with others, and I think that it'll be like this forever.

I got too many spare time, and in that time, all I do is thinking of how lonely I am, I think that I've got some mental illness if I cannot think of good things of myself or others.

Thank you very much again for your opinion and advice!

Maybe I will post how everything is going after a while, but I don't think that anyone really cares.

Latest posts

Back