You ever felt so lonely that you cried?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saulgoodmanfan

Reaction score
I admit I've done it a few times. Just sat by myself somewhere and couldn't hold back the tears. My pathetic levels are too high

Happens to be a lot of times if I try to sing along to sad or lonely songs. Or watching certain movies.

It's good to go through those emotions, don't feel worse about having them... Crying is therapeutic and even if it feels like it's awful that you get to that point, it's helping you release some of the buildup you have.

*hug*

I cried for 72 hours non stop when I was 16 over a heartbreak. I promised myself I would never cry again, which I broke two years ago for circumstances beyond my control. But the honeysuckle is back on now.
Since it doesnt do anything remotely productive, I'm barring it from my life. Unless Im watching Finding Nemo or the president speech in Independance Day.

Richard_39 said:
I cried for 72 hours non stop when I was 16 over a heartbreak. I promised myself I would never cry again, which I broke two years ago for circumstances beyond my control. But the honeysuckle is back on now.
Since it doesnt do anything remotely productive, I'm barring it from my life. Unless Im watching Finding Nemo or the president speech in Independance Day.

I know it isn't productive, I'm a pathetic guy. The loneliness just gets to me.

Saulgoodmanfan said:
Richard_39 said:

Don't see anything pathetic in it, friend. It's a choice, simply. At least to me. You can cry or you can do something else. I chose the latter. Everyone isn't the same and crying can be a release. But Id rather work on the reasons instead of the tears, is all.

Crying is a natural response to feeling sadness , joy or even frustration - regardless of gender. It definitely does not make you pathetic....it makes you human. All of us have times of tears that we wish did not happen at that particular moment in time. And all of us have times that we choose to fight them back and look for other options to channel those emotions.

They do no make you weak. Having a release can allow a chance to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and reflect.

If they are happening frequently and for no apparent reason, it can sometimes indicate we should see a doctor and be sure we aren't struggling with a physical/chemical condition that we may need help with.

Having said all of this.....I work hard at not showing tears in public or conversation. It does not always work, especially during blue or low times in my life. In private.....I have let them flow. It sounds like you were feeling low, overwhelmed and found a private place to express your emotion. There is no shame in that. Be kind to yourself.

Pathfinder said:
Crying is a natural response to feeling sadness , joy or even frustration - regardless of gender.  It definitely does not make you pathetic....it makes you human.  All of us have times of tears that we wish did not happen at that particular moment in time.  And all of us have times that we choose to fight them back and look for other options to channel those emotions.

They do no make you weak.  Having a release can allow a chance to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and reflect.

If they are happening frequently and for no apparent reason, it can sometimes indicate we should see a doctor and be sure we aren't struggling with a physical/chemical condition that we may need help with.

Having said all of this.....I work hard at not showing tears in public or conversation.  It does not always work, especially during blue or low times in my life.  In private.....I have let them flow.  It sounds like you were feeling low, overwhelmed and found a private place to express your emotion.  There is no shame in that.  Be kind to yourself.
... what she said. :)

Richard_39 said:
Saulgoodmanfan said:
Richard_39 said:

Don't see anything pathetic in it, friend. It's a choice, simply. At least to me. You can cry or you can do something else. I chose the latter. Everyone isn't the same and crying can be a release. But Id rather work on the reasons instead of the tears, is all.

Ok bud. I dont even cry that much. But sometimes you cant work on the reasons because the reasons are one giant mess. It's really hard to not be lonely these days you know? I mean we are on a lonely forum after all

I usually keep my emotions under control until comes a day, usually my birthday, when I go on the top of a very high mountain that is usually empty from other people.

Then I think about everything I have endured this year and I let myself go. This kind if crying is almost rejuvenating. I come to think that tears can be of various kind. Mine comes from a year of suffering, is almost like I'm reinforcing myself when crying.

Also it happens to me when I take the train. There are so many happy couples and groups of friends that I want to cry because I have never experienced love and happiness. The I remember that life is unfair and that some people have to put much more effort to get something from their lives. And is fine like that. Is much more rewarding to conquer your Solitude. I'm trying too. So far had almost no success in 4 years.

Of course I would never cry in front of a girl. That basically would ruin me for her eyes

I do it all of the time. I sit and think about my life before this. About all of the friends/family I used to have around me. I think about the job I gave up to move here, and I look at who I have to count on now, who i can call about anything and know they will be happy to hear from me, and that is ZERO.

I have more supportive people that are passed away and in a better place than I do on this earth. There aren't too many thoughts I have that feel lonelier than those.

It makes me cry often. I feel a gap in the center of me, a painful hole that feels almost like the size of a cannon. It is deep, dark, and very empty. I always thought in this life we had people to count on, that would stand by us and help us get through. The longer I am alive, the more I feel like we are here on earth, stranded, and very alone. That we should expect the disappointment that being alone and having no friends means.

It can be really depressing!

I sob every day. But since I have roommates, I have to do so as quietly as possible. I often wonder if they hear.

When I was grade school, I was teased a lot for being depressed. So I learned early on that is something I should hide... And I'd rather not draw attention to myself and have everyone think I'm a drama queen and crave attention.

I totally relate to all of this,,,,,,,

I like small spaces so I can hide and cry on my own,,,,,,,,,,,I put so many fake faces on ,sometimes daily.......I dont want people involved in me having a hard core crying session,,,,,,,,,i feel like people just really do not care, i get tired of hearing how we all have issues, how life is not fair,,,,,,,,i just get tired of feeling so lonely, and so scared, and not knowing where to turn, and then some days my mind tells me there is no escape,,,,,,,there is no answer, there is no peace, no rest....not on this earth anyway....

I do have faith, I do pray,,,,,,,,,I do try,,,,,,,,,,,,what I had in mind for life, and what life or reality really is are so different,,,,,,,,,i dont like to sit around and seem like I am on the pity pot,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have really had a weird journey, nothing has been easy or handed to me,,,,,,,mental illness at 17, shock therapy 2 x, , a sick child i had to put away,,,,,,my twin died, i raised her daughter, now i have chronic pain in back, neck pelvis, hips, knees, elbows and shoulders, i have a horrible digestive disorder,,,,,,,,,,,talk about unfair,,,,,,,,,,,that makes it seem superficial for real,,,and i feel like a huge attention whore and drama queen,,,,,,,,,,,,so i just stuff it down, deep deep down, and try to keep going,,,,some days i am way more successful than other days,,,,,

Latest posts

Back