Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Too Many People Here Huh?
Maybe I'm just desperate. I thought there may be more people to talk to on this forum?  Sad
Well, the numbers are relatively low, but also look fairly stable.
It's the usual deal really, there's some lurkers, some people that show up every now and then (like me) and then there's some guys and gals that visit every day or two.
When I've joined up, it looked like there was a lot more of active people, but it was all pretty much just some short term noise, and that seems to repeat from time to time. Just looking through the welcome section of the forums should give you a general idea of what I mean. There's tons of threads, but a lot of those people show up only to write 2-3 messages and never come back, so it may seem like the place is more active/dead than it really is.

Still, quality over quantity I'd say.
Crowd control situation! *machine gun fire intensifies*
This forum seems to oscillate from active to inactive then back again.
Contentment comes from within.  Do not seek it from outside yourself.

Well! You know; sometimes you write something and if you get very few replies, you kind of think no-one is interested so that's why many folk don't continue. Myself, I'd like a discussion but if you look at this section, it seems to be a whole list of folk just listing how awful they feel and, I guess, wanting others to add, Me too! Me too! 
But! The question should be; what can you do about it and has anyone "escaped" and can give us any tips?
I'm getting old now and have more or less come to an acceptance that life is never going to be what I'd have liked and I've stopped beating myself up about feeling I'm missing out or somehow damaged and of less worth. Yes! I'm on my own but I still have my mind and the world continues to be an interesting place, even for an observer. And I keep busy, if only intellectually. I could look for "reasons"; I could feel sorry for myself ; I could sympathise and seek seek sympathy but I don't think that would do anything other than re-inforce misery.
I am what I am and where I am and I just have to keep fighting. the one thing I won't do is give up.
I mostly read and respond to posts. Those seem to come in waves. I remember there were some months where the traffic was crazy, but those posters have retired and new ones haven't taken their places yet.

I have a hard time making online friends through chat so I don't message people directly -- it's an offline social life I crave.
A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.
I just found this site not very long ago, and I am glad I found it at the time of my life when I did.

I feel like I am being pushed to make some really hard choices and I really don't have anyone but my therapist and this website to talk to for now.

I will respond to messages. I am friendly and I try to be gentle and kind. I crave an outside social life. I need and want a best friend. The people I know who are believers of Christ tell me I have him and he is all I need.

I need to hear someone talk to me. I need to hug. I need someone to bounce ideas off of instead of my 2 dogs. I would consider my cats but they are ,,,well they are cats and they all let me know that daily.

I tried craigslist one year ago to make friends. I met one woman that was really great. We did have some, a few things in common, we were close in age and lived close to each other. She just moved away to Iowa with her new boyfriend and a new job there.

I wish this were easier like in grade school................
Right now I am feeling the same like I have no one to speak to except for you guys. I am also kind and whenever I make new friends they general use me like an object and when they don't need me they don't speak to me. Up till now I only managed to make true friends with one person and now she is going abroad. True friends are hard to find. I would be happy to be your friend Smile
(10-11-2018, 09:56 PM)foxy Wrote: I am also kind and whenever I make new friends they general use me like an object and when they don't need me they don't speak to me.
I used to be kinda like that, but when I've noticed that this was always one sided I told my "friends" to f off. Goddamn leeches.
We have a saying over here that roughly translates into "If you have a soft heart, then you better have a tough butt" and being nearly 30yo, yeah, I'd say that this seems to be about right.
Crowd control situation! *machine gun fire intensifies*
Miriam,

I've been coming to this site for a long time and I have net some wonderful people, and even though we don't live close by, we have been talking for years and know whats going on in each others lives. Go check out the chat room... There is a link for it, its a good place to mill about. Its hit or miss on what is a good time to be in there when a bunch of people are there, but many pop in and out throughout the day/night. I'd go check that out, and maybe I'll see you in there! Smile
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
— Dr. Seuss
Yeah, like the others have said, there are lulls from time to time. We are in one right now. It'll pick up again eventually.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 

[Image: Quotefancy-19173-3840x2160.jpg?resize=1165%2C655&ssl=1]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loneliness - Cause, Effect, and Solution for a Select Group of People AlertChristians 23 2,033 04-28-2019, 08:38 PM
Last Post: TheRealCallie
  Why is loneliness so hard for people to grasp? Black Manta 2 558 02-07-2019, 09:00 PM
Last Post: TheRealCallie
  True or False: Lonely people flock to the Internet Azariah 10 2,306 12-16-2018, 03:22 AM
Last Post: ardour
  That one thing I'm tired of hearing over and over from people who just don't get it! 58 Voyager 29 8,638 11-24-2018, 11:12 PM
Last Post: hewhowalksalone
  Do lonely people get upset easily? Seahorse 15 2,888 01-06-2018, 02:51 PM
Last Post: niceguysfinishlast
  What are your expectations of people ? Seahorse 12 2,117 12-28-2017, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Moetan21
  An observation about some people on this forum Paraiyar 17 7,672 12-19-2017, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Seahorse
  Tried to meet people but constantly failing... constantly lonely... about to give up. Harpuia 12 4,109 12-03-2017, 10:24 PM
Last Post: R-sama
  A community for good people Yogurt 21 4,560 09-21-2017, 10:34 PM
Last Post: bleed_the_freak
  New Place, No new people to show it too lostexile35 6 1,597 09-12-2017, 05:30 AM
Last Post: Drew