Not Too Many People Here Huh?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neo, what if... I told you... this site is a SCAM. What if I told you, the people running this website, are all cyber crooks? What if I told you They don't care about you one tiny bit. What if I told you, everywhere you turn on the internet.... is just MORE LIARS AND THIEVES playing you for a ******* fool? Would you believe me?

Uhm, I have written to you and you haven't replied xD

Being lonely, feeling anxious, depressed even feeling angry - well it sure aint fun and one of the characteristics of all this is the obsession with constant thinking about negatives. I'm sure some won't like this but dwelling on how bad it is won't get you anywhere. You have to fight, you have to decide you've just had enough of it. You are not  worthless and without hope but you have come to believe you are. Do take any help that's offered and try - but only with medical advice to come (gradually) off the meds if you've become dependent and they are turning you into a zombie. Keep busy! Find something to do that absorbs your interest and takes your mind off your woes; surprisingly you might find you haven't thought about your problems for a few hours. Me! I play guitar, write songs, make things, read a lot and follow my interests in art and history. Interestingly I've even met a few folk and joined the odd club through these interests.

Now I'm certainly not saying it's easy - I'm not out of the woods and not "right" and probably never will be but I've been down the deep, dark bottom of the pit and I'm way better now. 
But here's the hard truth and please feel free to shout at me...... You cannot rely on medication or doctors to cure you. Ok, they help but in the end it has to come from you; you have to fight, you have to make an effort to see some positive and celebrate any and every small achievement you can.

Chronic said:
Neo, what if... I told you... this site is a SCAM. What if I told you, the people running this website, are all cyber crooks? What if I told you They don't care about you one tiny bit. What if I told you, everywhere you turn on the internet.... is just MORE LIARS AND THIEVES playing you for a ******* fool? Would you believe me?

I'd say you swallowed too many colored pills, Morpheus.

What are they stealing? No one is forcing you to give money, so that makes no sense. I'm not sure how they are liars either, given that everyone is a liar. And if you are a ******* fool, there's a good chance you made yourself the fool. So yeah, that there post up there is just illogical.

Well Chronic sounds pretty pissed off. Why? Because you think a site like this can cure you ...and doesn't? All we can do is swop ideas and suggestions; there aren't any magic solutions and the realisation that this is so is the first step out of the woods. Blame and accusations are just self destructive and won't help.

Tealeaf said:
I have a hard time making online friends through chat so I don't message people directly -- it's an offline social life I crave.

Gotta start somewhere though, right?

I personally feel you can get just as close (or perhaps even more-so) online as you can physical. It just depends on how much effort you put into it.

But if you and the other person feel the same way, you'd be surprised at how much you can get from knowing someone long distance, friend or otherwise.

I don't think I ever could've even gotten to know them as intimately as I did if we had met in person first, to be honest.

The people on this forum have offered me some very helpful advice. And I hope that my words have helped others on here as well.

Latest posts

Back