My mom committed suicide

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexter

Reaction score
My mom committed suicide 4 months ago.

It hurts so much. I don't know what to do anymore.

I have no one I am close to. No one who is there for me.

I am reaching out online in support chatrooms and forums.

I am seeing a doctor and going to a therapist.

... but nothing helps. Nothing makes me feel any better. I don't enjoy anything anymore. I am so alone and in so much pain.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Do you have any face to face support groups you could go to?  It's only been 4 months, I'd say you are still in a perfectly acceptable grieving period, given the circumstances.  Just take it one day at a time.

TheRealCallie said:

Do you have any face to face support groups you could go to?  It's only been 4 months, I'd say you are still in a perfectly acceptable grieving period, given the circumstances.  Just take it one day at a time.

Thank you.

No, unfortunately there are no support groups here for anything like this in my area. The only support groups here are for anti-alcoholics.

Besides that there is only one on one therapy, which I am already doing.

Dexter said:
TheRealCallie said:

Thank you.

No, unfortunately there are no support groups here for anything like this in my area. The only support groups here are for anti-alcoholics.

Besides that there is only one on one therapy, which I am already doing.
Cal is right. It's more than normal. A loss like that can take a long time to recover from. Give yourself a break and dont be afraid to mourn as long as is needed. As for someone to talk to, besides therapy, maybe seek out the company of people who have gone through similar loss. Take it one day at a time and talk about it with those who will listen.

Dexter, i am so sorry for your loss. I wish there was something that i could say that would help but i just don't have that ability. I do wish you the best as you go through this painful period.

I am so sorry Dexter. There must be so many complex feelings and emotions attached to your grief. I would think that would be tough to sort out. Grieving is such a personal journey and one that takes immeasurable time. It can get very complicated when it is a loss from suicide. Try to be patient and kind to yourself. Some sorrows may never disappear, but with time they become a little easier to bear. I hope the one on one counselling is helping you share the weight of your grief.

:O Oh wow so sorry to hear about your loss. Ugh, to lose her in such a way too, she must have been going through a lot :(

I am deeply sorry this has happened to you.

I know those touched by suicide often feel a very deep sense of betrayal.

Just understand this has much more to do with mental illness and less to do with who you are.

Don't let this experience define you or write the rest of your story.

Look into the stages of grieving, so that you can recognize them and embrace them along the way.

I`m so sorry for your loss. I hope you find the strength to cope with it, while time does its work to accept what happened and make peace with it. Being alone and lonely makes everything much harder. Having lost my mom too a few years ago, only she died of natural causes, i can relate to what you feel. This week will be 4 years since i lost mom and i still miss her deeply, need  her and i think she never realized how much i loved her and how much she meant to me. She was my closest friend i could talk to.
So, i can`t even begin to imagine how it feels to lose someone to suicide. That is just so so sad, so much sorrow for all involved. There are so many questions one asks himself: why did she do it, what was going on in her heart and soul, why this extreme resolve. ...Yet we can only learn to let go of these questions and keep the one we miss in our heart and soul, loving them forever. .. Grieving is so personal, take your time, heal and move on in your own rhythm. Be gentle and patient in this process. It will get better eventually. And i hope the therapist is of help too. Hugs.

Dexter,

I am so sorry for your loss. That is a lot to deal with. I'm glad you are seeing a therapist. This is all still very new and the wounds are still very fresh, Give yourself time to grieve. Sending big hugs your way.

(((((HUGS))))))

Latest posts

Back