4 years of being single makes me lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just want to try posting here because I'm not comfortable sharing this with anyone. 
So I'm actually okay and happy with being single,  I mean I get sad from time to time,  but this month is different. Maybe, it is because I am currently reviewing for my licensure examination and every thing is tough but I don't have anyone to talk to about it.  My life is really complicated and messy. I have friends but they are busy as well so..  I don't know. I just want to express my sadness in this website because maybe someone knows how I feel. 😞

There are many other out there thats feeling like you do. When you walk down the street and see people passing by many of them struggle with so many things, the perfect mask everyone is hiding behind does not exist.
You are not alone. ❤️

Jessicat said:
There are many other out there thats feeling like you do. When you walk down the street and see people passing by many of them struggle with so many things, the perfect mask everyone is hiding behind does not exist.
You are not alone. ❤️

Thank you for replying.  💕
I just feel like I am emotionally weak and sensitive.

It's all chill. It's that time of year, the holidays. Everything around us is catered to the family ideal. It's bound to make anyone feel lonely. Definitely not alone.

It’s ok to be sensitive and we all are emotional at some point. Some more, some less. I agree that Christmas makes you feel like honeysuckle sometimes. We all think of the happy family around the Christmas table but I think that there are even more people that are alone. 
What do you think would make it better for you?
*Sending you a hug*

I've been on my own for the majority of my adult life. When my oldest child was 9 I became a single father of her and a 6 year old son. We had a strong bond and they gave me as much joy as they did hell. All in all I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. But still even though they were always with me I was incredibly lonely. I'm human. I was a father who gave attention and affection to my kids but I was also a man who wished for the same from a significant other. Now at this stage in my life I have accepted the fact that it's not going to happen.
I can't tell you how many meals, day trips, vacations, Christmas shopping excursions I've endured alone through all these years. Watching people around me laughing and talking and seemingly having a good time together. I hated those outings but I also needed them. The only thing that ever helped me get through them was telling myself that, as some others have pointed out, there's no doubt many of them were carrying troubles and pain of their own. We all do.
Speaking for myself I just try to keep my mind occupied as best I can with music, books or sometimes just sipping some whisky and recalling some of the friends from my youth.
It's been a hard life but I have also experienced some truly golden moments. This probably does absolutely nothing to "help" with your situation. Concentrate on the things that need to get done and fill the voids in between with the things that make YOU happy. You'll have golden moments too. I wish you the best.

Latest posts

Back