New here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaniard

Reaction score
(Sorry if my English is not good)
Where do I start...
I am a teacher who lives in Spain. I feel really lonely and unhappy. I have never had issues making friends, but now they have all moved or started their own lives. I don't get on well with my brother either. 
I lived in the USA for two years, where I was a Master's Degree student and was a Graduate Teaching Assistant. I had lots of friends there, who I considered my family. I never got used to the idea of coming back to Spain (this was in 2014). I experienced bad moments in the USA but also really good ones, at least I had a life. I lost contact with them, everyone having their own lives, moving on.
I have considered trying to go back to the States, and see what happens, but this is really hard. I could under a J1 visa but it is hard to be selected (I will try next year and I would move in 2020). The problem is, if selected, who knows if I would be able to make any friends at all. Plus, I have heard of really bad experiences. When I was in the Sates I made friends because everyone was in my same situation. That is, we were workmates, classmates... it was easy to make friends. But, going back I assume my workmates would have their own lives. In addition, I don't drive since I am really afraid of it. All the application programs require a driving license. I do have a license but I have nerver used it. I have lived for two years in the Midwest with no car and I have survived, but maybe there is no transportation to the school that selects me (no way to know until selected...).
Every time I talk to my mother about the idea of applying she gets mad at me. She hates the idea. So, I can't talk to anyone.
Thanks for reading.

Hi.
If you feel that you had it better in the US then maybe you should try it. But maybe you can make new friends in spain? I know its hard to make a connection with people. Maybe there is a charity you could join that lets you get to know the people working there. Or maybe you have a hobbie and there is a club or something to join.
If this was my problem i would ask myself: Am i moving to the US just to make friends or is there more too it?
Think this is a problem only you know the answer too.
Wishing you the best!

Love Jessi.

Latest posts

Back