Feeling lonely at uni

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucy1408053

Reaction score
Hi, I am a third year graphic design student studying at the Arts University Bournemouth. I am looking to get feedback on a current project I am undertaking, helping the issues of loneliness. 

I am focusing on university students as this is a group of people who are prone to being lonely, living away from home for the first time and trying to cope with the pressures of being independent. One of the ideas which I am exploring is to create a cooking buddy system which first year students living in halls can sign up to online.  They would take part in a questionnaire to match them with a compatible cooking buddy in their area/ halls who they would meet up with and cook together, using the website to make plans and schedule in dates. The website would also include a section on recipes, with info such as prices, level of cooking skills required and timing. Research suggests that cooking is good for our mental and physical health, and associated with positive feelings and social interaction. At the same time as learning/improving cooking skills, they would be forming friendships and being involved in a fun and social environment, with cooking being a good icebreaker.

I would be grateful to receive your feedback on my idea.

Lol, yeah, I left uni (also graphic design coincidentally) because I was lonely. It was mostly my fault since I had a huge chip on my shoulder after what I experienced in high school. Meh. No big loss though. would you like to voice chat? i also have experience building wordpress websites and could possibly help out, provided i have the time.

Latest posts

Back