Hi!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxgolden

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a senior guy in my 70's, and am experiencing a different kind of loneliness. Although I'm married, my wife has advanced Alzheimer's disease, and has been in long term care for the past few years. She no longer knows me, and although she's still alive in the physical sense, the woman I knew and loved is no longer there. It's been a grieving process for the past several years, and it will continue until the end. Long story short, I'm looking for friendship.

Hi maxgolden, I'm 65 and home caring for my mood disordered, occasionally delusional 95 year old mother. Nice to have another old guy in the group.
A friend of mine who's in his late 70's now, lost his wife to Alzheimer's. For the last 3 years of life she didn't know any of us. We put her in the ground 2 years ago but we'd said goodbye to her a few years before that. It's a tough break, you've got my sympathy.

Hi Constant Stranger; Thanks for the kind words. It's a tough road, but I try to look for something positive every day. Nice to be here. I'm off to 💤💤💤 now. Where are you? I'll answer in the morning.

I've been a member of this community for almost 9 years.... Mostly everyone is so kind and great listeners. There is also a chat room if you are ever in the mood to connect with other members that way! :)

Danielle said:
I've been a member of this community for almost 9 years....  Mostly everyone is so kind and great listeners.  There is also a chat room if you are ever in the mood to connect with other members that way!  :)

Thanks Danielle. How do I find the chat room? :cool:

There is a thread called "Chat Room" post there and ask to be invited... or you could PM "Therealcallie" who is the forum owner, and get some help there!

Danielle said:
There is a thread called "Chat Room"   post there and ask to be invited... or you could PM  "Therealcallie" who is the forum owner, and get some help there!

Oh Callie is the forum owner :D.Welcome to the forum hope it helps you...good luck.

Joturbo said:
Danielle said:
There is a thread called "Chat Room"   post there and ask to be invited... or you could PM  "Therealcallie" who is the forum owner, and get some help there!

Oh Callie is the forum owner :D.Welcome to the forum hope it helps you...good luck.

I could be wrong....  Vanillacreme is also someone you can contact.... I guess I'll have to ask them.

Hi Maxgolden I am sorry for what you have been going through. You are one special person for standing by her side all the way to the end. Have you thought about getting involved with a men"s group in your church ? I know it has helped me to have friends around with what I am going through ( I had something like a stroke or a seizure back in June) and am still on the road to recovery. Prayers for you.

Latest posts

Back