When was the last time you surprised yourself in interacting with others?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jjam

Today was a good day! On my way home from the grocery store this afternoon, I decided to play a little game with myself. I greeted everyone I walked by, regardless of age, gender, or race. Whether it was a single person, or a group of people, I dished out "hellos" and "good afternoons" as if not doing so was against my regular routine. What really felt good though is the fact that most people responded! As for the ones that didn't, I smiled it off and just chalked it up to the possibility of me not being heard. Anyway, that was the highlight of my day. I want to do more of this. :)

I have been meaning to start doing that.
Just greeting random people.

Generally, I just do the head nod to the males and a smile to the ladies.
Rarely vocal though. I think I will give it a try. Thanks for the idea!

jjam said:
Today was a good day! On my way home from the grocery store this afternoon, I decided to play a little game with myself. I greeted everyone I walked by, regardless of age, gender, or race. Whether it was a single person, or a group of people, I dished out "hellos" and "good afternoons" as if not doing so was against my regular routine. What really felt good though is the fact that most people responded! As for the ones that didn't, I smiled it off and just chalked it up to the possibility of me not being heard. Anyway, that was the highlight of my day. I want to do more of this. :)

My grocery store is 20 yards away, so I'm pretty sure I'll give it a try.

awesome! sounds like you had a good time.

also sounds like you live in a small country area.

i wouldnt be able to greet everyone that passed by me in my local supermarket.. there would be too many!

Lately i've been starting to try to force myself to go up to ppl @ school n start a conversation....i have made more friends doing that! =)
something thats really surprised me tho is theres this guy REALLY like in one of my classes & hes really sweet but im soo nervous & i cant breathe around him esp when he smiles at me....but ive actually went up to him a few times & started talking to him!! it was great esp since im usually way to shy to go up to guys n talk!!

Latest posts

Back