Daughter's texts.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Manta

Reaction score
My wife and I watch our granddaughters every weekend, which really sucks cause you're whole weekend is shot, but they need the money so they pick up shifts. My daughter's old phone broke. She got a new one. My granddaughter can still play games on the old phone, so it ended up at our house last weekend.

While I was trying to find a game for my GD I realized that the messaging feature still worked. You could still read and send texts. I told my wife. I thought it would be funny to text the BF from my daughter's phone (since it would look like it came from my daughter) something along the lines of "BTW, I went to the DRs. I'm pregnant again. And guess what? It's twins!!!"

So my wife gets noisy and reads all the texts. Find out all this honeysuckle. My wife was raped and molested as a kid and has DID. I was hit in the head with a 100 pound box and I have issues with that. They think we are faking all this. The guy wants to have a "go" at me because I'm rude to his family. (They invited us over a few years ago for New Year's Eve when they were pregnant with the first kid. No one in the family talked to us. We sat there watching TV for a couple hours and left. For some reason his family doesn't engage us.)

There were lots of other stuff too, but you get the gist. We do a lot for them and to be stabbed in the back just sucks.

That's why you don't go nosing through other peoples stuff, you're bound to find something you don't want to find. If neither has said anything to your face its either because they know how much you do for them, are just venting, or don't want to hurt your feelings. At this party, did either of you try to engage their family or did you expect them to? If you did and they gave you the cold shoulder then that's on them, if you didn't then I see why they think the way they do. Your daughter should have erased all her old texts off the phone, all kids should know that parents are going to snoop most of the time. Or maybe she did and figured this is the easiest way to let you know what the other half is thinking.

I had a similar incident 5 years ago (except my son was stuck on the message and I accidently read it while trying to close the window). If you can have a calm conversation about it with your daughter, it probably wouldn't hurt. Might as well be honest about what you saw. If not, then you know maybe you have done too much for them. All a person can really do is self-reflect and change their own part.

Latest posts

Back