lonely and depressed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I lost my dog last year and it's been really hard. I haven't been out to socialize, but there's no one really to socialize with here. I feel so alone and I'm feeling like a failure. I don't have a job, no friends. I'm not suicidal, I just feel very much alone and my dog was my only friend at the time. I feel like everyone has moved on in their lives without me, and I feel like a loser going nowhere in life. I know I might be complaining but I just need someone to talk to. Being an only child sucks even when you're different from others.

If it helps, having siblings doesn't necessarily make it any better - I always felt that my brother and sister were a 'duo' and even shared the same social circle while my brother dated one of her friends (it ended when she went off to university). I always did my own thing because I felt that I had nothing in common with either of them. Then they both moved out, started their own families, now I rarely see either of them anyway.

I've never been so good at making others feel better - probably because I felt that they'd view me as inferior and therefore find my advice invaluable. But that's my view on the whole being an only child thing, at least.

Try 'meetup.com'. That's the best advice I can give, personally.

MM, I am really sorry about your dog, loss is so hard. <3

I agree with Hewhowalksalone, try meetup.com. There are so many different types of groups you are bound to find something interesting and you might have fun!

Wishing you the best!

Latest posts

Back