Road Rage!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glowgirl

Reaction score
OK, here's a really pretty trivial incident for this forum.  I was in the shopping centre car park today, busier than usual as it's leading up to Christmas, and I did the stupid thing and rear ended somebody.  Really dumb, I was going really slowly and didn't even see it properly I just heard the crash. After, I pulled over and went to inspect the cars that it might have been. I couldn't see any damage and I really honestly didn't know which one I hit, so I just went back to my car.  Then a guy in a car that went past yelled at me from further down the ramp, only thing I recognised was "I GOT YOUR REGO!" "******* IDIOT!"

The reason I'm putting this on here is that I'm not good at handling abuse, especially when I've deserved it. If anything comes of it, I'll cough up to what I have to cough up to.  But I feel really naked and unprotected about this stuff, I've got a history of people calling me stupid and I just feel SHAME.  I'm putting this on the forum because there's no one in my life who's able to support me when I feel ashamed.  People don't want to know about it. 

I hope I don't have to deal with this guy because I totally can't deal with people calling me stupid & f****** idiot.

Everyone has, at the very least, done one thing incredibly stupid in their lives, but most probably a very good amount of randomly stupid things over a course of a lifetime. For example, I'm someone who is considered to be, let's put it smarter than average. I've accidentaly tripped people, randomly rammed into then, accidentally broken stuff than would, at best, be incredibly difficult to break without a strong knack for clumsiness, said a ridiculous amount of stupid things and got yelled at, or screamed at or just generally glared at with a stare that would make Stone Cold Steve Austin cower in fear....
It's not a crime.
Everyone does that. That does not make you stupid and your sex certainly does not. If anything, most studies tend to show the average woman is smarter than the average man on a random basis. People's reactions are based on their own feelings, not a reflection of who you are as a person. If you can get up every morning. cook for yourself, go to work and engage in standard conversations that don't lead to all out war, then come back home without having demolished 2 square blocks of houses on the way, that makes you just as smart as anyone else. We can't control other people's random reactions, so, even if it can be painful at times, try to not let it get to you.
For all you know, he rear-ended four cars last year ;-)

I really doubt that i have ever walked out my front door without convincing at least one person that i am totally brain dead.

We all make mistakes and we all suffer moments where we lapse concentration, this does not make you stupid it's simply what it is to be human. You've absolutley done the right thing, sometimes it takes a bit of time to process what this may be. I wouldnt have called the police, I'd have sweated it out so you're clearly a better person than me.

Nothing was damaged, so there isnt really a problem, but now you've high lighted there was one, there may well be a claim here. History has shown me that where theres blame theres a claim, and some people will exploit this to the max.

I disagree with you when you say you deserved the abuse. Any caring citizen would have stopped and asked if you need any help - maybe acted as a sound board to help you to decide what would be best to do here.

It's done, you've done what is needed, time to let yourself off the hook. Worse things happen at sea yes. Hope the car belongs to a reasonable person and you hear nothing more of it - which is what should happen here.

Latest posts

Back