Are there any adults on these forums?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SingletonUK

Reaction score
Who in their right adult minds would think its a good idea to play games on a furum for loneliness?

I guess the childish type who would rather play games rather than be actually reaching out and supporting someone or each other.

So basically you're criticizing everyone on this forum for enjoying games and using their passion for gaming as an outlet to distract them from their loneliness? I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound so confrontational - I'm trying to say this to you while taking in consideration that you're also a very lonely person who doesn't need to come onto a forum to be berated - but to me personally, your post comes off as very negative and judgemental.

lol, one of these people again. It's lovely that you think your life is so **** perfect that you have a right to audibly judge and condemn what other people do in their free time.

Here's a tip for you. Worry about your **** self. If you don't want to play the games, don't. Worry about your own problems, you most likely have some if you are here.

Right. Because GOD forbid lonely people on the internet assuage some of that loneliness by playing word games together instead of taking plane rides to meet each other for a cup of coffee.
Makes sense.

You are being judgemental. Loneliness can be a very complicated issue because it is affected by different aspects which are themselves complicated; not everyone is able to conduct themselves in the way that you would like.
Games’ can bring a bit of fun & stimulation to the lonely regardless of their age; they are important to some people.

I think we all would be more happy if we were a bit more childish from time to time. 
When I walk my dog in the mornings I often go to the play area and just swing for a while. Don’t worry yourself so much over what’s childish or not. Just have fun. ❤️

I personally like seeing people lighten up a little bit. If you don't, perhaps the deleted threads are more your type.

As a regular Games participant on this forum I derive a bit of comfort from the back-and-forth wordplay with the other regulars. Actually I rather like reaching across the world, from one continent to another, trading a bit of wit with language and letters. It makes my life a bit less lonely.
However, you're entitled to your opinions SingletonUK and your judgments too I suppose.

(To admins: I posted a second comment here, then thought twice about it, but I couldn't work out how to delete it. Please delete this post at your will :))

I am an adult but I still play Counter-Strike online... So what?

Word games on forums also can be a good entertainment.

Moreover, word games train our vocabulary so they can be helpful.

Welliwelliwell well,,,,,,,As my point went over the heads of the sheeple here getting all flustered about perceiving me as having a go at their ickle gaming habits. I'll try to clarify. I'm a miserable ******* ok and games are for those who can at least smile without it being confused for trapped wind....

So I reckon games and gamers apart from having no thumb prints, flat edged balls n asses do have their economic uses to those you provide for and keep in the lifestyle they live. 

But the reality of the game of life is different and much harder.. So I forgive you all, for you know not what you say or do & any gaming deflection away from that is ok by me. Even thought a temporary solution as reality will get you in the end......   Hahaha

Singleton,

You're not making much sense.... everyone knows that gaming and life are 2 separate entities. I don't see anything wrong with someone taking sometime to get lost in a gaming world to help them cope with whatever feelings they may be working through.

Should everyone be reading books.... or... what do you suggest adults do?

SingletonUK said:
Welliwelliwell well,,,,,,,As my point went over the heads of the sheeple here getting all flustered about perceiving me as having a go at their ickle gaming habits. I'll try to clarify. I'm a miserable ******* ok and games are for those who can at least smile without it being confused for trapped wind....

So I reckon games and gamers apart from having no thumb prints, flat edged balls n asses do have their economic uses to those you provide for and keep in the lifestyle they live. 

But the reality of the game of life is different and much harder.. So I forgive you all, for you know not what you say or do & any gaming deflection away from that is ok by me. Even thought a temporary solution as reality will get you in the end......   Hahaha

That's about enough of this kind of behaviour, it's not acceptable here.  You do not sit there and insult people of this forum, we let your previous remarks slide but this ends now.  Being miserable is no excuse to be ignorant to the rest of us.  This is your only warning.

Plenty of adults on here. I'm definitely an adult most of the time (although id like to sometimes be a teen again), and I like to do what comes naturally to adults. As well as the things done best in pairs (or more, but sometimes solo), it also includes gaming and the word games on here are great fun. It's a blessed relief from reality!

So good on you for banning that morose, rude guy. No place for that here.

I just didn't see the point in why he said these things. Never mind - gone and forgotten.

Latest posts

Back